** Word for iPad was among the App Store Best of 2014 in twelve countries! View, create and edit Word documents for free. **
The real Microsoft Word app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Now Word documents look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create documents, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Word has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
The core Word experience is free, including viewing, creating and editing documents. You can unlock the full Word experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription.
Word documents look beautiful
• Images, tables, charts, SmartArt, footnotes, equations are all there, nicely formatted.
• Word documents look great, just as they do on your Mac or PC.
• On your phone, choose between the real document layout or an easy-to-read layout.
• View email attachments and access Word documents from OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Pick up from where you left off because Word knows what you were working on last, no matter what device you were using.
• Print Word documents to an AirPrint printer, with or without markup.
Create and edit with confidence
• When you edit a document, your content and formatting are maintained across all your devices – PC, Mac, tablet and phone.
• Express your ideas exactly the way you want, with rich formatting including fonts, pictures, tables, charts, textboxes, shapes, footnotes, page layout and more.
• Track changes, add comments and work simultaneously with others on the same document.
• Word automatically saves your document, so you can rest assured that you don’t lose all your work while you’re on the go.
• Simply share your work with others by emailing a hyperlink, the file or a PDF.
A familiar Microsoft Office experience
• It’s easy to pick up the app and get started, because it’s like the Word experience you already know.
• The familiar navigation and menu options are built for a touch experience. No keyboard required.
• On your phone, the ribbon is located at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create or edit documents. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to unlock the full Office experience, and to access and save documents in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, Office 365 Solo, Office 365 Service, Office 365 University, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4, Office 365 Government E3 and E4, Office 365 Education E3 and E4, Office 365 Nonprofit E3, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty, Office 365 trial subscriptions.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal within the app. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is disabled beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be disabled by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
• iCloud support: open, edit, and save your work to iCloud and other online storage services (requires iOS 8).
• Bug Fixes.
New since 1.5:
• First month free: get your first month free when you sign up for an Office 365 subscription.
• Improved accessibility: Better support for reading and editing using VoiceOver.
New since 1.2:
• Create and edit documents for FREE: all you need to do is sign in with a free Microsoft account.
• Dropbox support: open, edit, and save documents from Dropbox.
• Universal app: Word now also runs beautifully on your iPhone and iPod touch, and is designed especially for a smaller screen.
• Reflow view: on your phone, choose between the real document layout or an easy-to-read layout.
• Chart elements: customize charts by adding or removing chart elements such as titles, legends, axis titles and more.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 19, 2015
- Microsoft Corporation
- 251.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1562)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (11533)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Bing for iPad – images, news, videos, and trends on the web
• Bing Rewards
• Bing Search – images, news, videos, and trends on the web
• Crafting Guide
• Dynamics AX
• Dynamics NAV
• Kinectimals Lite
• Kinectimals Unleashed
• Lync 2013 for iPad
• Lync 2013 for iPhone
• Microsoft Band Sync
• Microsoft Dynamics Business Analyzer
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM for iPhone
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Global Startup Directory
• Microsoft Health
• Microsoft HealthVault
• Microsoft Intune Company Portal
• Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad
• Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone
• Microsoft OneNote
• Microsoft OneNote for iPad
• Microsoft OneNote for iPhone
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Power BI
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Remote Desktop
• Microsoft Remote Desktop
• Microsoft Tag
• Microsoft Tech Companion for iPads
• Microsoft Tech Companion for iPhones
• Microsoft Xim
• Ms. Splosion Man
• MSN Food & Drink
• MSN Health & Fitness
• MSN Money
• MSN News
• MSN Sports
• My Apps - Azure Active Directory
• Office 365 Admin
• Office 365 Message Encryption Viewer
• Office 365 Partner Admin
• Office Sway
• OneDrive for Business (formerly SkyDrive Pro)
• OWA for iPad
• OWA for iPhone
• RMS sharing
• RMS Sharing
• SharePoint Newsfeed
• SNIPP3T – Celebrity news snippets from the web and social media, a Microsoft Garage project
• Study Portal
• Windows Phone
• Wordament Snap Attack
• Work Folders
• Xbox 360 SmartGlass
• Xbox Music
• Xbox One SmartGlass