iTranslate – Translator & Dictionary
iOS Universal Productivity
iTranslate is an award winning translation tool that helps you break down language barriers. With its state of the art technology you can speak any language in a second.
« ...my favorite by far » - Alex Heath (Cult of Mac)
« Easier than learning Japanese » - Sonia Gil (NBC Today)
« ...one of the apps I always keep on my Home screen » - Christian Zibreg (iDownloadBlog)
« Simpler, cleaner, flatter » - Aldrin Calimlim (App Advice)
With iTranslate you can translate words, phrases, and text in over 90 languages.
Ever wanted to know what an Australian English female sounds like? With iTranslate you can select between lots of different dialects, choose a male or female voice, and even control the speech rate.
VOICE INPUT (Premium)
Speak instead of type. No training needed. Just start speaking and we recognize your voice, transform it into text and translate it into another language.
Most translator apps give you only 1 result per translation. However, if you are translating words and phrases there are often different meanings, depending on the context. iTranslate gives you dictionaries for many languages so you can find the exact solution to your problem.
Now you can translate directly on your wrist, with our brand-new iTranslate Watch App. Use your Apple Watch's built in voice recognition to instantly translate words, phrases and text into all 90+ languages.
Add iTranslate as a Today widget to the new iOS 8 Notification Center and easily translate copied text from any app without even opening iTranslate!
Romanization lets you turn "你好" into "Nǐ hǎo", transforming non-Latin languages into Latin characters. Available for many languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Hindi, Russian, and Thai.
iTranslate is optimized for fast text input. Get suggestions while you’re typing, turn your phone to the side and use both hands for typing with the bigger landscape keyboard or use our popular swipe gestures for quick copying & pasting.
Send translations to your friends via Email, SMS, Facebook or Twitter or simply copy a translation and use it in any App you like.
FAVORITES & HISTORY
Browse through recent translations or save a translation for later offline access.
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
* iTranslate Premium
iTranslate is free to download and use. iTranslate Premium removes ads and unlocks voice recognition. It is available as one time In App Purchase.
iTranslate is available for a wide range of platforms and devices. Visit our website to learn more about iTranslate: http://itranslateapp.com/
Please note: iTranslate requires an Internet connection.
Introducing iTranslate for watchOS 2 and big update for iOS 9.
This update brings you 2 major new improvements. A fully native App for watchOS 2 and a big update for iOS 9 with support for Split View, Slide Over and Spotlight.
WATCH OS 2 UPDATES:
- Fully native App built for watchOS 2.
- Uses watchOS 2’s built-in voice recognition technology to instantly translate words, phrases, and text into more than 90 languages.
- Play back translations through the watch speaker — no need to pull out your phone.
- Complications give you a quick and easy way to start a translation right from your Watch Face. It even automatically sets the language for you based on your current location. For example, when you arrive in Berlin, iTranslate for Apple watchOS 2 will know that the local language is German and set it accordingly. All you need to do is glance at your Apple Watch and tap a button to start a translation.
- Complications will automatically display common phrases like "good morning" and „good evening" on the watch face in the local language when you're abroad. The phrases are based on your location and the time of day.
- The new "Time Travel" feature lets you see phrases for a later time of day to make it easier to communicate — for instance, learn how to say "good night" in the local language before dinner so you're ready to say it when you leave. You can also see your recent translations by simply traveling back in time.
iOS 9 UPDATES:
- Split View: Boost your productivity by putting iTranslate side-by-side with any App. iTranslate is the perfect companion App when you are working on a document in another language, doing your Spanish homework or when you are simply browsing the web. The iTranslate User Interface automatically adapts perfectly to any size you set, to ensure absolute flexibility. Thanks to Split View you now don’t need to go back and forth all the time to do a simple translation, making the iPad Air 2 and especially the new iPad Pro serious desktop replacements.
- Slide Over: In many cases you don’t need iTranslate side-by-side, but only for this one quick translation lookup. With Slide Over iTranslate is now just one swipe away. Whatever you are up to, you can now bring up iTranslate with one simply swipe from the right side of your iPad Screen and you’ll never be lost in translation again. The best thing: Slide Over will work on any iPad that supports iOS 9.
- Spotlight: Look up your recent translations trough Spotlight. Simply start typing and iTranslate will instantly show you recent translations right in Spotlight.