Hard Awakening: Alarm Clock with iPod Music, 70 Built-In Sounds and Custom Recordings
There are many applications for the iPhone for your sweet awakening. But if you cannot miss an important appointment or you simply need a super alarm clock then Hard Awakening is the application for you.
You can also use your iPod Library music as an alarm and even record your own sounds using the microphone.
It's great for jokes too with its 70 different sounds (see the sound list below).
Hard Awakening has many rings, none of which can be ignored. You have to wake up!
The application works in two modes:
- standard, in which you can set the alarm time.
- joke, in which you can activate a 20-seconds timer before the alarm goes off. This is great when you want to prank your friends, your partner or your parents.
- 70 hi-quality sounds.
- iPod library access to use music as an alarm.
- Record your own alarms with a microphone.
- Use your own photos on the alarm screen.
- Display the clock.
- Display the alarm time or countdown until the alarm goes off.
- Snooze function with very big key.
- Customizable snooze time.
- Volume setting.
- Optional increasing ring for a gentler awakening.
- Optional nightstand in portrait or landscape mode. The app also remembers the last used mode.
- Prevents damaging your screen pixels changing the text position every minute when in nightstand mode.
- Auto 12/24 hours mode uses the same preference you have set on the phone.
- Random sound option.
CAUTION: some of the built-in rings could drive you crazy so use them with caution! We are not responsible if you go wild about your iPhone smashing it into pieces! Not for the faint hearted!
Please read the instructions below to use the app.
Most negative reviews are from people that have not read the instructions. If in dubt, send an email to support !
Built-in Sounds List
Annoying: Reveille-Normal, Reveille-Echo, Reveille-Chorus, Reveille-In ear, Reveille Fast, Electronic1, Electronic2, Electronic3, Electronic4, Electronic5, Electronic6, MarimbaRiff, HouseRiff, AsianRiff, Knocking1, Knocking2, SciFi, Choir1, Choir2, RadioNoise, DixieHorn, Funny1, Funny2, Funny3, Funny4, Funny5, Funny6, Funny7, Funny8, Funny9, Funny10, Funny11, Gong1, Gong2, AsianBell, Dogs, Drops, Jungle, OhNo!1, OhNo!2, OhNo!3, RedAlarm, Shutdown, Trin, HiFrequency1, HiFrequency2, HiFrequency3, HiFrequency4, HiFrequency5, HiFrequency6, HiFrequency7, HiFrequency8, HiFrequency9, HiFrequency10, Horn Alarm, Buzzer Alarm, Tecno Alarm, Robot Alarm, Metal Alarm, Guitar Alarm, Moog Alarm, House Alarm, Hammer Alarm, Acid Alarm
Sweet: IndianDrums, AsianDrums, AfricanDrums, Birds, Rain, Thunderstorm
Tap the lower settings button to set your preferences and the upper settings button to set the alarm time and mode.
If nightstand mode is not set the app will turn off the screen after a short while to save battery life. DO NOT CLOSE THE APP or the alarm will not ring! You can safely enable sleep mode manually. This mode WILL NOT DRAIN your battery.
If nightstand mode is set, after a minute the app will show the nightstand view. This will drain your battery so it's suggested to run with the power adapter in this mode. Tap the screen to return to main view.
CHECK YOUR VOLUME. THE APP ALARM USES THE IPOD VOLUME LEVEL NOT THE PHONE AUDIO VOLUME LEVEL.
First generation iPod touch does not have a built-in speaker. To hear the alarm you need to connect your iPod to an external speaker system.
- fixes a rare issue that may happen when setting the alarm with iOS4 devices
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 22, 2010
- Andrea Vettori
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (25)
- 18.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ABContacts; Contacts Manager, Group Text & Email, Dialer, Favorites
• Album Covers
• Group Email! Mail Client with Attachments and Cloud Services
• Group Text!
• Music Library Quiz
• Music Library Quiz (for iPad)
• Music Library Quiz Server
• Rock Paper Scissors
• Shopping List