GV Connect - Call & SMS client for Google Voice
*** Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards ***
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will thus not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad or iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad - interact with your existing "Google Voice" accounts much faster than using the web interface:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call, callback, and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes).
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS exceeding 160 characters, sending to multiple recipients at once, and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access (data is cached for all accounts used in the application).
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …) or even add additional calling credit directly from within the application.
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google.
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers.
• Universal application which runs optimized on both, iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad (including full screen support for the iPhone 5).
• Optional application passcode lock.
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text.
• Integrates with Talkatone to allow placing outgoing VoIP calls using your Google Talk account.
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application's website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in the application's about screen to ask for support.
• Fix issue introduced in the last update which resulted in the SMS reply text field not scrolling up on the iPad when the keyboard is displayed
Please consider rating GV Connect in the AppStore if you like it - good reviews help a lot and keep us focused on continued development and improvements of the application!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 3 days ago
- Andreas Amann
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (16)
- 3.4 MB