This is the next generation of our famous GoodReader app, and now it's a universal app - one app for all your iOS devices.
In addition to all the features from the original GoodReader app, this upgrade includes the following awesome features:
- PDF Page Management - add, rearrange, delete, rotate, extract and email individual pages, split and merge files
- PDF Page Slider now shows page previews
- icon view for file browser, with larger previews
- collapsible tool area on the main screen
- true Auto Sync - background and scheduled execution
... plus many more to come in the future. Stay tuned!
GoodReader® is the super-robust PDF reader app. Mashable describes it as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad or iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to go mobile without GoodReader.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed.
The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
All the excelent features of the original GoodReader are here, including:
- the best PDF reading engine
- PDF Annotations - text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights and markups, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, etc.
- access to various types of servers to store your data - Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP
- Auto Sync with remote servers
Our well-crafted Migration Assistant will make the transition to this new app easy for you - all your files and setting from the old GoodReader app will be transferred with a click of a button.
Text-to-speech for PDF and TXT files:
- select a text in a PDF and use the "Speak" command from a popup menu
- tap-and-hold an empty spot on a PDF page and use the "Speak" button to speak the entire page or the entire document
- use the loudspeaker button to speak a TXT document
- change the language of the speech generator on the fly, without interrupting the speech. No need to go to the system menu and change the device's default language.
- change the speech speed on the fly
- audio player-like controls: pause, resume, skip and rewind
- continue browsing the document while the speech generator is speaking
- text being spoken is highlighted in real time
- TXT document will auto-scroll to follow the speech
- iOS 7 or later is required
Other new features, improvements and bug fixes:
- support for RTFD documents
- support for Dropbox's business accounts with SSO login option
- bookmarks summary can now be generated and emailed - use "Email Bookmarks" button in the list of user bookmarks
- bookmarks will also appear in annotation summaries for PDF files
- bookmarks on PDF pages are now shown in Page Management view
- bookmarks are now properly updated when rearranging, deleting, extracting and merging PDF pages
- new options in app settings allow to exclude dates and author names from PDF annotation summaries
- fixed an issue that caused saved passwords survive app reinstallation. Now all passwords will be properly erased if you delete and reinstall the app.
- fixed an issue that caused occasional crashes during importing from or exporting to iCloud Drive
Don't forget to update your copy of GoodReaderUSB - our super-convenient USB file transfer utility. The latest version that supports the new GoodReader 4 app can be found here:
Was new in earlier versions:
- iCloud Drive support
- page-level editing for PDF files (extract, add, delete, rotate pages, etc.)
- Auto Sync can now be executed in the background
- Google Drive connection now supports Auto Sync
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 05, 2014
- Good.iWare Ltd.
- 43.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (167)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1746)