FioWriter - Productive text editor for iPhone & iPad with command keys and cloud sync
"FioWriter might be just the thing for you. Handsome, minimal and functional." - Cult of Mac review
"Hard not to love. One of the best." - US user review
"For rapid text generation I haven't found anything better faster or more flexible." - UK user review
"Just so perfect, please don't ever ever change it." - Spain user review
"A writer's best friend. This app is amazing … making it much easier to use the iPad for productive work." - US user review
"It's replaced my laptop editor." - User email
FioWriter is a productive text editor for iPhone & iPad, powered with shortcut keys (⌘ ⌥ ⌃ ⇧), iCloud and Dropbox.
It brings back the desktop editing experience to iPhone & iPad with shortcut keys (command ⌘, control ⌃, option ⌥ and shift ⇧), find & replace, fast scrolling, fine-grained cursor move, autosave and cloud sync. All these will combine together to let you take control - pour your thought on the screen smoothly.
You can now tap the '+' button on the toolbar to begin editing and exploring. Or you can read on for a guided tour.
1. Move around quickly
1) ⌘ + f to find words.
2) ⌘ + l to jump to a line.
3) ⌘ + j to scroll cursor back when it's off screen.
4) For long text which couldn't fit in one screen, touch on the right side of the screen to show the fast scroller.
5) Tap on the status bar to scroll to the top.
2. Cursor control
With shortcut keys, you can precisely move cursor around in unit of character, word, sentence, paragraph, or whole article.
1) ⌃ + f / ⌃ + b to move forward or backward one character.
2) ⌥ + f / ⌥ + b to move forward or backward one word.
3) ⌥ + a / ⌥ + e to move forward or backward one sentence.
4) ⌃ + a / ⌃ + e to move to paragraph begin or end.
5) ⌥ + ⌃ + a / ⌥ + ⌃ + e to move to the begin or end of the article.
1) ⌘ + a to select all text.
2) ⌘ + c to copy selected text.
3) ⌘ + v to paste.
4) ⌘ + x to cut selected text.
5) ⌃ + ⇧ + f / ⌃ + ⇧ + b to select one character forward or backward.
6) ⌥ + h / ⌥ + d to delete one word or forward delete one word.
7) ⌃ + k to delete to paragraph end.
There are more than thirty shortcuts for editing and cursor control. Press ⌘ + ? on iPad (or slide left on iPhone) to find all of them. (Yes, if you are a Mac user, you will be familiar with most of them).
4. Find & replace
⌘ + f to find and ⌘ + ⌥ + f to replace.
When there's multiple search result, you can navigate to next via ⌘ + g or previous via ⌘ + ⇧ + g.
⌘ + space to bring up a bar with commonly used punctuation keys.
⌥ + space will show a collection of symbols for currency, trademark and mathematic. If you use some symbols more frequently, there's shortcuts for all of them too (e.g. ⌥ + p for π, ⌥ + w for Σ).
7. Built-in dictionary
⌘ + ⌃ + d will show the definition of the word under the cursor (from iOS built-in dictionary). If you want to define a phrase, just select several words and press the shortcut keys.
8. Word count
⌘ + i will show the statistic of the article in editing, including character count, word count & line number.
9. iCloud & Dropbox sync
When creating a new document, you can choose to sync with iCloud or Dropbox. Anytime online, there's always a copy be saved safely in the cloud.
You can also edit offline. Next time when FioWriter launches and the network is available, it'll sync all the offline changes automatically.
10. Fullscreen editing
Zoom in with two fingers will hide toolbar and status bar - now you can stay focus in fullscreen. (hint: ⌘ + ⌃ + f).
11. TextExpander Support
Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
For customize font & size, keyboard accessory, auto caps lock and other editing settings.
Now you've got a glimpse of FioWriter. It's time to tap the '+' on the toolbar (or press ⌘ + n) to start your next great novel, paper or shopping list.
- Landscape editing for iPhone & iPod Touch
- Redesigned user interface for iPhone landscape: game pad alike shortcut keys combination, optimised for writing with two hands holding, auto-fullscreen editing when rotate, fully leverage the landscape editing area, and much more - no compromise for editing, as always
- Folders for local files
- Folders for iCloud files: intuitive, works the same as local and Dropbox folders
- Pull down the file list to download all iCloud files. Useful when you re-connect to your iCloud account
- File copy and duplicate
- VoiceOver support. All shortcuts commands have voice feedback when executed. Optimised for text search, goto line number, change font and get text statistics
- fix: Command keys don't show on Canada & Australia English keyboard
- fix: In Chinese input mode, when search fails but there's a PinYin prefix in the search field, when tap search done, will wrongly trigger a new search
- fix: iCloud single file delete, crash
- fix: Font name and size doesn't persist when relaunch
- fix: Command keys on left, tap hide keyboard, command keys don't hide
- fix: Last edited iCloud file doesn't open when re-launch on iPad (sometime)
- fix: When begin to edit long text on iPhone, the content scroll offset is wrong
- fix: Cursor doesn't dodge when it get covered by command accessory
- fix: Auto-complete candidate menu get covered by command accessory
- fix: on iPhone, in find/goto-line mode, tap text view to switch focus, when tap "done" button, editing area size is wrong
- fix: iCloud, last edited file won't high light in file browse
- fix: Enter move/copy file mode, then cancel. The not-downloaded files won't show again
- fix: Fast editing, the edit area shrinks to a single line sometimes
- fix: When there's empty lines at the tail, find/goto-line result marker will match the wrong line number
- fix: Chinese input mode, when select a candidate, editing area jumps a little
- fix: Local & dropbox file rename on iPhone, when slide back to file browser, the high lighted row is wrongly flashed
- fix: Trashed file restore fails
- fix: On iPhone, cmd + a to select all, content offset & pop up menu position wrong
- fix: On iPhone, in portrait mode, fullscreen, turn shortcuts fan on, switch to windowed, fan offset wrong
- fix: On iPhone, switching the menu tab from iCloud to other, then switch back, the file browser doesn't show iCloud in-edit file's accessory icon (or the eye icon)
- fix: Crash when re-launch with an iCloud file left opened
- fix: Crash when select the only character in text file
- Text layout engine fine-tuned for find & replace
- Retina screen support for iPhone command keys hourglass & background
- Broken iCloud file detector. When an iCloud file is invalid, FioWriter will put a link broken icon there
- On iPhone, close the shortcuts fan when typing
- Icon for folder in file list - much better than the disclosure icon on the right
- Flash destination path row in file list when move done
- Show iCloud querying status when file list not downloaded yet
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 04, 2013
- Han Zhao
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (47)
- 10.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• FioWriter Lite - Productive text editor for iPhone & iPad with command keys and cloud sync
• InstaClip - Auto Photo Cropper for Instagram
• PhotoNoter - write beautiful note on your photo
• PhotoNoter Lite - write beautiful note on your photo
• Reboot for TP-LINK Router
• iNoki - Transfer Nokia data for iPhone
• iNoki Lite - Transfer Nokia data for iPhone