This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Productivity
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app has been superseded by Air Display 3. We are leaving this version in the App Store for backward compatibility. If you are a new customer, please buy Air Display 3. It has all of the features of Air Stylus, plus a whole lot more, including a USB connection and much faster performance.
With that out of the way:
Air Stylus lets you use your iPad as a pressure-sensitive, wireless drawing surface for your favorite graphics software on your computer.
Draw or paint on your iPad’s screen directly into Adobe® Photoshop®, Pixelmator®, or almost any computer-based creative software that supports pressure-sensitive pens.
Air Stylus creates a natural drawing and painting environment, letting you combine the power of computer-based creative software, the finesse of a pressure-sensitive stylus, and the elegant usability of your iPad.
Air Stylus — The new way to draw on your creative power.
• Enjoy familiar pinch to zoom and two-finger gestures to navigate your images
• Activate reliable palm rejection for increased drawing comfort
• Compatible with all leading pressure sensitive pens and creative software
Pressure sensitive stylus compatibility
• Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
• Adonit Jot Touch 4
>> To use all the features of Air Stylus, make sure your stylus and iPad work together.
• All the best graphics programs (including Photoshop CS 5.x and newer)
Air Stylus is compatible with most of the software programs that support pressure sensitivity.
It makes more sense to list what Air Stylus does NOT work with, so here we go:
Known software incompatibilities
• Autodesk Sketchbook (coming soon!)
• Corel Painter X3
• Escape Motions FlamePainter (coming soon!)
• Mapdiva Artboard
• Synthetik Software Studio Artist 4.0
• Toon Boom Studio, Harmony, Animate, and Pencil Check
• (We’re shrinking this list as fast as we can)
1. Buy the Air Stylus app and launch it on your iPad
2. Download the free Air Display host software to your Mac from GetAirDisplay.com (Windows coming soon)
3. On your computer, click the Air Display menu and connect to your iPad
The iPad’s screen becomes a wireless extension of the computer’s desktop.
Launch your favorite graphics software, drag its window to the iPad, and start drawing or painting with your pressure-sensitive pen.
• Both computer and iPad must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iPads running iOS 7 and above
• Mac OS X 10.7 and above
• iPad 3 or newer running iOS 7 and up
Already have the Air Display app?
Air Stylus and Air Display play very well together, and even use the same host software on your Mac (make sure to update to the latest version).
Air Stylus lets you draw or paint naturally while using your familiar computer-based workflow, without having to invest time or money in extra hardware.
(Registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.)
- Added Universal support. Now you can run Air Stylus on an iPhone too.