Looking for the most powerful light amplification tech available on the App Store? This is it. It won't work in pitch blackness because the iPhone lacks special night cameras, but by combining advanced image enhancement AND unique light gathering modes True NightVision works in pretty dark conditions - and it goes darker than any other app on the store.
How dark? It depends on the iPhone - the 4S gives the best results, working well with just moonlight. iPhone 4 needs a little more light but still works well. The 3GS is limited by its camera but works in late dusk/early dawn light. On any iPhone it will still work when the iPhone Camera app only sees black.
How does it work? It uses a live camera view and special photo enhancement techniques capable of producing a decent image at high speed (we're talking fluid 30fps action here!) even where it's way too dark for the iPhone's camera app. When that isn't enough 3 extra modes slow down the camera allowing it to gather up to 15x more light!
Featured in 'Top 10 Best iPhone Gadget Apps' http://goo.gl/rKYl7
"Ok, we have seen several ‘nightvision’ camera apps but they are often just a gimmick with a green lens / colour placed over the camera function. However, this app manages to impress in this much sought-after department. A night vision app that actually works with digital zoom, image enhancement features, loads of filters and a binocular simulation! Feature rich we say…"
True NightVision is a serious night vision app with powerful digital zoom and a selection of color filters for enhanced night time viewing. But it's also fun, with live effects such as thermal imaging that look great during day or night and work together with enhancement. Take HD photos (iPhone 4/4S, 640x480 on 3GS) with enhancement and effects.
See it in action: http://youtu.be/qMgiay3fzjo
== 5 powerful modes: ==
• Action: best results with fast motion
• Motion: better enhancement for when you're on the move
• Normal: balanced between speed and performance for all-purpose use
• High Power: for stationary or slow moving situations only, but offers much higher power
• Max Power: for stationary use. Ultimate enhancement!
== Features: ==
• Live, adjustable night vision enhancement. Enhance as much or as little as you want to get the picture just right
• 5 operating modes ensure best results in any situation
• Smooth, fast, live fullscreen display. True NightVision runs at 25fps in Action mode!
• Powerful live zoom (4x on iPhone 3GS, 8x on iPhone 4/4S)
• Optional 4x amplification to boost the image even further
• Multiple live color modes: Full Color, Black and White, Red, Green and Blue filters
• Multiple live effects:
- Thermal Image (this is an effect, not real thermal imaging)
- Monochrome shade: Highlights patterns of light and shadow
- False Color
- Posterize: See the world in a limited palette of colors
• Negative mode. Sometimes produces better images, also makes a cool X-Ray effect!
• Built-in camera, captures exactly what you see on screen and saves automatically to your photo library (saves at 1280x720 on iPhone 4/4S, 640x480 on 3GS)
• Built-in image viewer
• Built-in binocular simulation
== Please note: ==
• Night vision in extremely dark or pitch black conditions is impossible with the iPhone camera
• Thermal imaging is a video effect only!
• True NightVision is compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and iPod Touch (4G with camera only). It is not compatible with older models. It requires iOS 5.
New and improved interface:
• The main control area is now transparent and doesn't block your view
• Tap on the camera area to hide the controls completely for a full-screen view. Tap again to restore them.
• New Mode pop-up for rapid mode selection
• New FX pop-up for easier FX selection
• Button functions are now much clearer
New mode added: Normal. This mode is the default, and it's balanced between speed and strength.
The other modes have been adjusted and renamed for clarity: Fast Action, Steady Motion, Normal, High Power, Max Power.
Please note: High Power and Max Power are not available on the 3GS due to camera limitations. They work with the iPhone 4 and 4S only.
Bug fix: the app no longer crashes when running on an iPad 2.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 22, 2012
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (23)
- 0.6 MB