Are you losing those special moments to dark grainy photos because the iPhone doesn't work well in low light? Try NightCap. It captures up to 15x more light than any other app - you'll be amazed at the improvement!
NightCap is a camera replacement built for high performance around the clock. It's the first and only app to do real slow shutter photography, not the fake software effect other apps use! That means in low light it performs better than any other app thanks to its unique extended exposure range, producing brighter and more detailed images with less grain.
It also provides the best tools available to help you get that perfect shot, night or day. It's built for ease of use and takes fully automatic photos or if you prefer you can effortlessly set exposure (including manual shutter speed for the first time on iOS), focus and even white balance to different parts of the scene. Just point the camera where you want to set something and lock it with a single tap - it's extremely easy and intuitive.
NightCap now includes a powerful burst mode that takes a number of photos with a single tap. Fully customizable, it's perfect for taking group shots or even time-lapse sequences!
== Reviews from popular iPhone photography sites ==
148 apps - "In night time, there’s nothing I’ve seen that can beat it" ****
Glyn Evans, iPhoneography.com - “NightCap now lets you shoot day or night, and offers one of the most accurate, yet simplest camera interfaces I've used to date.”
Featured in “Best 6 iPhoneography Camera Replacement Apps” by David Roccato, davidroccato.com
== Features ==
• Automatic or Manual: NightCap works fully automatically when you want speed or simplicity. Automatic but with night mode when you need it. If you want control, class-leading focus, exposure and white balance control is available including true manual exposure in low light.
• Extended Exposure Range: In low light it uses much longer exposure times (up to 15x!) than other apps giving brighter, clearer photos. This is real long exposure not a fake software effect.
• Powerful and Intuitive Camera Control: All the flexibility of separate focus, exposure and white balance targeting and locking, none of the hassle. Just point where you want to focus and tap the focus button to lock. Point elsewhere, lock exposure. Full control, fast and easy operation.
• Flexible burst mode: 2-9 photos, or unlimited (tap shutter to end), with 2-60s interval.
• On-screen exposure and ISO display
• Self-Timer: Whether you're taking a group photo and want to be in the shot or you're taking a long exposure shot and want to avoid camera shake, the built in timer with adjustable delay is there for you.
• Full resolution support on every device, photos saved instantly to the Camera Roll.
• Left or right handed operation.
• Full EXIF support and geo-tagging.
== Tips ==
• If you enable Max Exposure Range on the iPhone 5 with High ISO enabled the camera may stall. We're investigating, but restarting the app fixes it.
• Focus and exposure control is simple. The camera focuses and exposes whatever is in the focus box. Point at the object you want focused and the square turns green. Tap "Foc" button to lock. It's now fixed until you unlock it. Repeat to lock exposure/white balance for complete control and perfect photos.
• Manual exposure gives you complete control in low light. In bright light it automatically reduces exposure if it's over-exposed (on-screen ISO turns red to warn you). To avoid this cover the lens then lock exposure.
• Photography in very low light isn't possible without the flash. NightCap will work better than the built-in camera app (and will often work when other apps fail) but results depend on available light.
• Focusing takes longer in low light. Lock focus to prevent re-focusing.
• Hold the camera still in low light - rest against something, use the timer, take burst shots and pick the best, or use a tripod/stand.
Version 4.0.1 fixes missing icons on some devices.
New in 4.0:
- Built for iOS 7, with a new simplified interface
- Full iPhone 5S support
- Faster startup
- Many fixes and improvements
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 06, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (252)
- 0.9 MB