iOS iPhone Photography
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
“It’s quite a feat.”
- Cult of Mac
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools and beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including exposure, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
Intelligent automatic and manual mode
*Histogram, Focus Peaking and RAW require iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, or iPhone 7.
Thank you for supporting Halide. We’re working on some really cool stuff, but in the mean time we’re releasing this small update to fix small bugs and annoyances.
Let’s start with new stuff:
* Double-tap to reset EV
* When you rotate your phone, the animation is a little more polished
* Image names are now consistent built-in camera, e.g. IMG_001, IMG_002, etc.
* Dutch Localization. More languages to come!
* You can now launch Halide with the shortcut halide://camera
* Cut down the app size by 300kb
And now bug fixes:
* Blank screen in the photo reviewer
* The “last photo” image gets stuck with a white square
* Upside-down selfies
* Layout bugs on iPhone SE
If you love Halide, we'd be very thankful if you rated us. We don't prompt in-app, and ratings get reset with updates, so every bit helps.
— Ben & Sebastiaan