Halide - RAW Manual Camera
iOS iPhone Photography
“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools and beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.*
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including exposure, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, SE)
RAW require 6S or later. (6S, 7, SE)
We’re excited to launch Halide 1.1. This update focuses on your feedback, and continues to polish the overall experience. Let’s go!
- Volume button capture: press the volume button on your phone to take a photo
- Focus peaking v2: Now smarter, faster and more accurate as well as 100% more green. It stands out better and shows you what is in focus perfectly. Now available on iPhone 5S!
- JPEG MAX: If you’re on a camera that doesn’t support RAW (such as the forward facing camera) there’s a MAX button in the Quick Bar that enables higher quality JPEGs with full 4:4:4 color
- We now capture photos even faster: the shutter button is even more responsive, and we avoid capture delays by "warming up" the camera on launch
- Haptic feedback in the Level Grid
- Easier to tap icons in the Quick Bar
- Optimizations to save battery
- Italian Localization. Prendere alcune foto!
We fixed an annoying conflict with low-power mode that prevented you from taking a photo or saving it.
We also fixed a number of crashes and other bugs. If you still have problems, email us at email@example.com and we’ll get right on it.
If you love Halide, we'd be very thankful if you rated us. We don't prompt in-app, and ratings get reset with updates, so every bit helps.
— Ben & Sebastiaan