iOS Universal Photography
“Cortex Camera Takes Great Low Light iPhone Photos”
“In my experience, I found that Cortex Camera greatly reduced noise in low-light conditions. And I was able to get crisp shots without the need for a stand or tripod.”
Cortex Camera improves on your device’s already excellent camera to achieve quality that rivals a DSLR. It combines dozens of individual photos to create a single high resolution, noise free image. The whole process takes just a few seconds and produces an end result that you won’t believe came from your mobile phone camera.
PLEASE NOTE that for best results the camera must be held steady and your subject must be still for the duration of the exposure, which takes 2-10 seconds depending on which device you’re using.
- Advanced image processing techniques combine information from multiple frames to remove noise and increase resolution.
- Motion compensation enables hand-held long exposure photography.
- The “enhance shadows” option brightens dark areas of your photos without making them look unnatural or processed.
- Includes support for front camera, shutter timer, and grid overlay.
- Most of all, image quality! The list of features isn't long but the majority of development time has been spent on making image quality unreasonably good for a mobile device.
Image resolution depends on which device you’re using:
iPhone 6s, 6s plus: 27 megapixels
iPhone 5s, 6, 6 plus: 18 megapixels
iPhone 5: 12.5 megapixels
iPhone 4s, iPad 3, and iPod touch 5G: 8 megapixels
iPad 2: 2 megapixels
Follow @CortexCamera on twitter for more Cortex Camera goodness!
- All new manual exposure controls including shutter priority, ISO priority and full manual modes
- Improved image quality on all devices
- Many other small improvements