iOS Universal Photography
Add video, live and still photos together into a single video.
Optionally apply wipe transitions. Add audio to any video soundtrack.
Replace video audio: the video will be re-encoded to fit existing frames to match the audio duration. In this way you can create cool video effects by implicitly varying frame rate.
Reverses video & audio.
Crop audio by cropping video then save audio.
Use option ‘First Selected Media Item Audio’ as the audio source of media menu actions:
- Replace Audio
- Add Audio
- Add Audio From Current Time
Live and still photos are converted to video for adding.
Use video actions to:
Overlay Video or Image
Use media actions menu to:
Combine videos 2 vertically, 2 horizontal or 4 square.
The picker table at the top lists all your Photo albums. Select an album by tapping a row.
The album contents are displayed below the table in a single row collection.
Tap on media items in that collection to add them to the media items collection below it for editing and adding together.
Use the media actions menu to import photos and video from iCloud. Paste photos. Tap on rightmost button to access the media actions menu.
AddMovie supports receiving from other apps with their share menu.
Tap on a media item to play its video.
When the video displays 'tap and hold' on it to bring up the video actions menu.
The video actions menu is also available in the media actions menu (tap the right most bottom button).
Operations available in the video actions menu include:
• Add and replace audio and music tracks
• Trim, crop and rotate videos
• Labelling videos
• Video frame filtering
• Apply overlay images to video frames
All of the video app previews for AddMovie were made with AddMovie.
The following features were especially useful for making the video app previews:
• Access to video clips and live photos in the Photos library
• Trimming videos 'to' and 'from' the current video player time
• Using the 1080p and 3:4 quality option to meet app preview video size and frame rate requirements
• Adding and replacing video audio
• Overlays and use of overlay template creation
• Labelling with editable font styles
• Duplicating items
• Saving video frames to Photos
• Wipe transitions
• Drag and drop within the media actions collection
• Item info that includes video size and duration
• Showing video dimension labels for media collection
• 'Select All' and 'Deselect All'
• Saving and loading videos form iCloud
• Convenience of built-in audio
AddMovie can be used to apply filters to video frames. Some notable new additions to the filters library: Crop Circle, Auto-enhance, Thermal, X-Ray, Compound Eye, Droste, VHS, CRT
Crop Circle - crop video frames to maximal inner circle with outside background white or black color determined in options.
Auto-enhance - applies a variety of filters to automatically enhance video frames. These filters remedy some of the most common issues found in photos: repairs red/amber/white eye due to camera flash, adjusts face color for pleasing skin tones, increases image saturation without distorting the skin tones, adjusts image contrast and shadow details.
Thermal - special effect that mimics color coding heat producing colorful enhancements
X-Ray - simulates x-ray photo glow
Compound Eye - simulates insect vision by replicating frames multiple times
Droste - special effect applies recursion to video frames
VHS - simulation of VHS tracking noise
CRT - intensification of CRT display effect with warping and RGB pixelation
Filters are easy to apply:
Select a media item to display it in the player, then tap and hold on the player until the video actions menu appears.
Select "Apply Filter" to open the filters view that will display previews of the current player frame of all available filters. The last filter selected is always remembered.
Apply multiple filters simply by applying another filter to the current filtered player video.
• Fixed an issue loading media.
• Combine Videos: Create a video by combining 2 vertical, 2 horizontal or 4 square.
• Overlay Videos: Create a video with one video over another, with an optional ‘looping’ effect, rotation, scaling, transparency and position - even ‘outside’ the other.
• New filter: Create a video with a ‘noise’ overlay and audio.
• New music - La Gatica acoustic guitar solo, new audio samples - harp, children laughing, cat meow, dog bark, static
• Albums displayed in media picker show the number of items.
• Prepared for next version of the iOS.
• More enjoyment!
Tips to get to new stuff:
• Tap and hold on the player video to access the video actions menu, or select it from the media items menu.
• Combine videos from the media actions menu. Access this menu by tapping the right most button on the bottom of the main view.
• Overlay videos from the media actions menu, or go to the ‘Overlay & Mask’ view from the ‘Edit’ submenu of the video actions menu.
• Access audio when you choose video action items ‘Add Audio From Current Time’, ‘Replace Audio’ or ‘Add Audio’. When you do so there is another option: 'First Selected Media Item'. You can use that to copy audio from one video to another.
• GIFs supported: In the overlay view use 'Select Overlay Photo' and pick from the 'Animated' album. It will be converted to a video and photo.