The Week UK
Read the best of the week’s news coverage on your iPad or iPhone with this handy app from the UK edition of The Week magazine, optimised especially for your device.
The Week UK is a unique and witty digest bringing together the best of British and international press. Created for busy people like you, The Week condenses the news to give you a balanced view of current affairs from the last seven days. All the key stories are analysed, plus you’ll get summaries of the best articles from around the world, global events at a glance and an informed, succinct briefing on a major news topic. You’ll also get the lighter side, including a look at the ‘Controversy of the Week’, the arts, sport, the week’s most important ‘Talking Points’, property, a bit of gossip – and more.
But don't take our word for it: download the app and subscribe today to see why over 378,000 readers rely on The Week every week to tell them all they need to know about everything that matters.
The app itself is free to download. Non-subscribers can read a sample issue for free, or buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase. Digital and print + digital subscribers have full access to each week's edition and all digital back issues. Print subscribers should contact the publisher to add digital access to their subscription.
This enhanced app has been designed to suit the way you’ll read the magazine on your iPad or iPhone - making it intuitive to navigate and quick to download. We recommend you run the most up to date iOS software with the most recent version of the app for optimum performance.
*** Try a subscription for just £19.99 - that's FOUR FREE issues or a 38% DISCOUNT on the single issue price***
Subscribe to The Week for iPad and iPhone for just £19.99 per quarter, or buy a 6 month subscription for £39.99 or 12 months for just £79.99.
*** FEATURES ***
- Enhanced design for iPads and iPhones
- Intuitive navigation - issues are easy to browse and you can tap straight to your favourite section
- The new issue is available for you to download every Friday. On iOS 5 and above, this will automatically appear in Newsstand (provided you are connected to the Internet)
- Download each issue when you are online, then read offline at your leisure
- Small file sizes won't keep you waiting each week
- Share articles with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Reading at night? Our night mode is easier on the eye
- Hi res images ready for HD screens
- Adjust the text size to your preference
- You can buy single copies or subscribe using In App Purchase
- Subscribe and you get access to all available back issues
- PLUS…the Daily Briefing brings you the 10 most important stories, every day (needs wifi/3G)
This is the UK edition of the magazine. The US edition is available to download at http://itunes.com/apps/theweekmagazineus
This new version of The Week ads several features to both the iPad and iPhone version. Highlights include:
> Larger text sizes - developed particularly for iPad Mini users who want a bigger font for enhanced readability, but available on all iPads and the iPhone.
> Ability to save and share cover images - We know readers love The Week's witty cover cartoons. On the iPad app cover selector, hold down your finger to save or share the cover image.
> Pinch-to-zoom images - Tap on an image to go full screen, and pinch to zoom in for an even closer look.
> Improved subscription reliability and log-in - We know some users have experienced problems with access to issues. This app update increases reliability and adds more detailed feedback.
> Numerous small bug fixes, including improved push messaging.
Thank-you for reading The Week. If you have an problems, please do contact us.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 29, 2013
- Dennis Publishing Ltd
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (13)
- 20.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 2011 Best New Cars
• Auto Express
• Classic & Performance Car
• Computer Shopper Replica
• Computeractive Replica App
• Custom PC Magazine Replica
• Cyclist: The Road Cycling Magazine
• Dennis Publishing Media Pack
• Digital SLR Photography Magazine Replica
• Essential Guide to TRON
• Fortean Times Magazine Replica
• Health & Fitness Magazine Replica
• Land Rover Monthly Replica
• MacUser Replica
• Men's Fitness UK
• MicroMart The Weekly IT Magazine Replica
• Monkey Magazine
• Octane Interactive
• Octane Magazine Replica
• PC Pro Magazine Enhanced
• PC Pro Magazine Replica
• Padder for iPad
• Personal Trainer
• Personal Trainer Lite
• Split Decision: The Nonsense Knowledge Game
• Tales From The Woods
• The Big Issue
• The Cloud Pro Guide to Cloud Computing, in association with HP
• Ultimate 2012 Olympic Guide
• Vantage magazine
• Viz Magazine Replica
• Viz Profanisaurus Daily
• Viz Profanisaurus Das Krapital
• Web User Magazine Replica
• Women's Fitness Tone Up At Home
• Women’s Fitness Replica
• evo Interactive Magazine
• iGIZMO Magazine