The Magazine is an electronic periodical for curious people with a technical bent. We publish an issue every 2 weeks with four (and sometimes more) feature articles.
We write about espresso, typewriters, the revival of a defunct brand of instant film, role-playing boardgames, stick-shift cars, bird watching, pinhole digital cameras; the loss of a parent whose life was devoted to software, a man building a full-scale Millennium Falcon, the impact of personally owned unmanned aircraft, how red-light cameras increase accidents; and so much more. We mix in-depth reporting by writers who contribute regularly to major national magazines and Web sites with personal essays that will delight you and bring tears.
Our articles have a connection — from a thread to a rope — that links each tale to technology, the digital world, or the spirit of a geeky point of view. For instance, when we run an article on making espresso, we peel away the mystery and provide useful information. When you read about biking in the Netherlands, you find how the country's focus on infrastructure leads 84% of its residents to cycle regularly.
During a promotional period ending August 29, 2014, any app user may download any issue or issues from our archives at no cost and no obligation.
Subscriptions are $1.99 per month with a free 7-day trial or $19.99 per year (no trial period). Individual issues may be purchased for $1.99 each. Subscriptions include permanent ownership of all issues received during a subscription period, but include no free access to back issues.
Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month as follows:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly or yearly rate at the time of renewal.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
The Magazine is published by Aperiodical LLC in Seattle, WA.
• Easier navigation of issues and tables of contents.
• Permanent ownership of any issue published during an active subscription.
• Single-issue sales and issue-bundle sales with no subscription requirement or commitment.
• More prominent display of covers.
• Pull up and down at the top and bottom of articles to navigate to the previous and next article.
• Access to back issues (before subscription) are no longer included in subscriptions.
• Adopted TypeEngine publishing platform.
• Added ability to link account with email and password to provide simple access to reading and downloads via web site (at no additional cost).
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 30, 2014
- Aperiodical LLC
- 19.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (14)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (789)