A fair warning: Google Reader will be shut down July 1st. Slow Feeds will support one or more different syncing solutions, but at the moment it's not clear, when that will be the case.
* * * * * * *
Rediscover your RSS feeds with this unique, smart and simple Google Reader client.
"Slow Feeds’ core concept is so clever, and so naturally implemented." - Federico Viticci, macstories.net
"Its primary goal is a unique vision." - Brett Terpstra, brettterpstra.com
* * * * * * *
Slow Feeds automatically generates 4 views based on your Google Reader feeds:
* "Slow Feeds": All slowly updated feeds, eg. low-frequency blogs.
* "High Volume": Everything not in "Slow Feeds", high-frequency blogs and large news sites.
* "Hot Links": A consolidation of where your feeds' recent articles most frequently link to (like Fever – but for Google Reader)
* "Images": A gallery containing all images in your feeds' articles (iOS 6 only)
* Never miss an article of one of your low-frequency feeds again.
* Discover more articles that might not catch your attention otherwise in the High Volume, Hot Links and Images section.
* Your Google Reader tags and folders are completely ignored :-)
* Stop configuring. Stop categorizing. Read.
* Slow Feeds enables, no, encourages you to subscribe to lots of feeds and will also help you digest it.
* Slow Feeds is about providing you with a bether synoptic view of your feeds.
* This is not one of those magazine-like renditions of randomly arranged articles.
* Your feeds are not curated. Every article is there; Either in the "Slow Feeds" or the "High Volume" section.
* * * * * * *
Slow Feeds is designed to make discovering interesting articles in your river of news easy. It is designed to encourage you to leave folders and tags behind and stop maintaining your ever-changing categorization system. At the same time, Slow Feeds is not burdening you with dozens of options and settings. Enter your Google Reader credentials - the rest just happens.
Slow Feeds is for people whose world doesn't fit into one single catalogue, tagging system, hierarchical collection or folder structure. Slow Feeds is about helping you rediscovering your feeds.
All the features
- Syncs with Google Reader (required!)
- A stream of your slowly updating feed subscriptions
- A stream of the remaining high volume feeds
- A collection of current hot links
- A gallery of article images (iOS 6 only)
- A stream of your starred items
- Beautiful article view
- Tap and hold to read image alt-text.
- In-app browser
- Mark articles as read/unread, starred/unstarred
- Send articles you like to Twitter, Instapaper or by email
Slow Feeds is NOT for you, if
- You don't know what (RSS-)feeds are or don't use Google Reader to subscribe to them.
- You don't want to subscribe to a lot of RSS feeds.
- You like spending time manually sorting your feeds (by topic, volume, whatever).
- You feel the need to configure every aspect of your apps.
* Fixed a bug that prevented save-to-Instapaper for accounts with really long passwords.
* Fixed a bug that prevented articles from keeping read states in sync with Google Reader reliably.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 06, 2013
- Zozi Apps
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (14)
- 6.4 MB