This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal News
Join ‘Neptune’s Navy’ as Sea Shepherd Conservation Society confronts illegal poachers on the high seas and fights to protect endangered marine wildlife and habitats from extinction. Sea Shepherd remains as an unparalleled, direct action, non-profit marine conservation organization since it was founded in 1977. This new iPhone application allows the world to gain access to their exciting, dangerous, and important missions direct from the mobile handset.
The Sea Shepherd iPhone app allows users to stay informed about the organization’s many campaigns including the 2010-11 Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign, Operation No Compromise, to be featured on Animal Planet’s hit television series Whale Wars. Sea Shepherd’s iPhone app delivers international breaking news and updates from founder and President Captain Paul Watson and his crew in the Southern Ocean and other hot spots around the world. If you have ever wanted to be a part of one of the planet’s first effective social media activist applications, now you can. Best of all, it’s free!
• International breaking news from Sea Shepherd campaigns
• In-depth commentaries from Captain Paul Watson and others on conservation issues
• E-store offering the latest eco-friendly Sea Shepherd apparel, accessories, and gifts
• Sea Shepherd events from around the world
• Access to Sea Shepherd social networks
• Ability to donate to help keep their vessels and projects active
• Photo gallery featuring vessels, crew, and high-seas action
• YouTube channel highlighting the latest Sea Shepherd footage shot around the world
• To engage and empower Sea Shepherd supporters who want to learn about the dangers facing our oceans, and the direct action Sea Shepherd is taking to protect them for future generations. As Captain Watson often reminds us, “If the oceans die, then we all die.”
• Increase public awareness of Sea Shepherd and their campaigns by encouraging users to share Sea Shepherd links (and three decades of accomplishments!) with family, friends, and iPhone users
• To forge a powerful bond of activism, freedom of information, and action which will uphold, strengthen, and aggregate this passionate, like-minded community
Synappsis Ltd and media 415 have teamed up to bring forward the best application development, social media, and promotional concepts with the Sea Shepherd iPhone Application. Having launched successful platforms such as Antibride.com, Twooty , The List, and the Sea Shepherd App, , they build powerful tools that serve powerful concepts (and are catalysts for change) Synappsis.co.uk.and media415.com
Upgrade to user interface within news feeds
Upgrade to user interface within the gallery section
Added a new page to allow easy access to the latest news on four operations - No Compromise, Blue Rage, Grind Stop and Cove Guardian