Mr. Reader is a RSS News Reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Feedly, BazQux Reader, Feedbin, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Fever, InoReader, Aol Reader, Feedja and SubReader account.
• Multiple accounts with separate settings
• Supports starred and tagged items (*)
• Mark items as read (single, all, older than n-days/weeks, above/below the current position)
• Mark as read while scrolling
• Search and add new feeds (*)
• Folder management (create, rename, delete) (*)
• Feed management (rename, delete, assign to folders) (*)
• Tag management (create, rename, delete, assign tags to feed items) (*)
• Reorder your folders, feeds and tags (*)
• Toggle to show only folders and feeds with unread items
• List items chronological or grouped by feeds
• Search for articles with the option to save searches
• Load more articles on request (*)
• Reading; Switch between RSS, Web, Instapaper Mobilizer, Readability Mobilizer, Pocket Mobilizer
• Customizable articles table: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
• Reading; Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the article viewer
• Automatic background synchronization (disabled by default)
• Image caching for offline reading (this applies only to the RSS view)
• 4 themes are included; additional themes can be installed from the website
• Web based theme editor, you will see every change immediately in Mr. Reader. Be creative!
• VoiceOver: To make Mr. Reader accessible for blind or nearly blind people. Suggestions are always welcome.
and some more!
(*) depends on the used service
• Open with Safari and every browser app that can be opened by a URL scheme.
• Included: Apollo Browser, Atomic Web, Coast by Opera, Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Maven Web Browser+, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir
• Add to Safari Reading List
• Post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, App.net, StockTwits
• Add to Buffer
• Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard
• Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
• Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
• Create note in Evernote, Toodledo, Microsoft OneNote
• Post to Tumblr
• Collect YouTube and Vimeo videos by using ToWatchList
• Open article in your Mac browser by using "Send2Mac" (I love it!)
• Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
• Generic solution to open other apps by using their URL scheme
• Included: Articles, Blogsy, Drafts, HootSuite, OmniFocus, Papers, Poster, Search Google, Search Wikipedia, Terminology, Things
• Browser bookmarklets can be added and used in the web view
• Print article
• Send link by 'Message' (text message)
• Send article by mail
• Send link by mail
• Copy link
• Copy short URL to clipboard
• URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, CloudApp, custom
• Ability to share via AirDrop on devices that support AirDrop
If you have any features requests, problems or questions, please contact me by mail (email@example.com). I'm unable to respond to feedback posted in the App Store. Thank you!
[RSS SYNC SERVICES]
Feedja added as an additional RSS sync service: https://www.feedja.com
• Microsoft OneNote as an additional sharing service added
• Create reminder in your standard reminders list. Templates can be used for the title and the note field
• Sina Weibo as an additional sharing service added
Added the logical operators AND, OR and NOT
• The button to move the actions toolbar to the west, east and south is back
• Added a 'Desktop Mode' option to the settings. When enabled Mr. Reader uses a desktop browser user agent instead of the default iPad mobile user agent
• New 'Article View' setting to specify which fonts are available in the article view font selector. It lists all fonts installed on your iPad. Hint: AnyFont app!
• New ‚Mark All As Read‘ setting to automatically open the next folder/feed containing unread items. In case it was the last feed with unread items in a folder it will automatically move up one level
• Default values for the articles table 'DISPLAY' and 'SORT' options can now be set in the Articles Table settings
• Login problem for just created Aol Reader accounts fixed
• Resolved an unexpected issue that occurred during synchronization when you had not changed at least one setting on the Aol Reader website
• Adjustments to support recent API changes
• Redesigned the profiles selection to differentiate between multiple Facebook groups, pages, etc.
• Missing Google+ icon added
Removed the Evernote mail address check, so that users from China can use it with yinxiang.com (= Evernote for the Chinese market)
• 'Trust Self-Signed Certificate' setting added, in case you've installed Feedbin on your own server
• Problem with starred items counter fixed
• Renaming of subscriptions/feeds implemented. Thanks David for adding it to the API
• Feed migration added to the Subscriptions Checker. The feed renaming API introduced in February was necessary to support this functionality
• Support for the special 'Must Read' folder
• HTTPS can be enabled for all API calls in the account settings
• Entries older than 31 days are automatically marked as read (previously 30 days) <- This is done by Feedly and not by Mr. Reader
Filter out the annoying hash tags. Thanks Chris for the hint!
Migrated to v3 of their API. Pocket plans to cease supporting v2 and legacy APIs entirely on May 1, 2014
[TWITTER / BUFFER]
Twitter handles of the site and author can be inserted when available on the articles website
Please have a look at my website or inside the app for a full list of changes.
If you like Mr. Reader, please rate it in the App Store every time an update comes out. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 2 days ago
- Oliver Fürniß
- 14.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (30)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1296)