lire (Full-text RSS)
Love RSS feeds? So do we!!
RSS feeds are a great way to follow updates on your favorite website. However, some sites set up their feeds to only show a portion of each entry, you know, to get you to click through to their actual website. We find that really annoying, and we're sure you do too.
Which is why, unlike other RSS feed readers, that either push you into a browser (in-app or otherwise), or depend on third party text parsing services and require you to be online to fetch the full text of one article at a time (which makes it no different from having to click/tap through to a website), in lire, you get your favorite RSS feeds as they should've been. You don't need to click through to any website (though, you do still have the option to, if you really wanted). It takes your favorite partial feeds, does it's magic, and converts them in to full feeds, so you don't have to click/tap on those annoying 'Read more' or 'Continue reading' links.
Once they're cached, you don't even need to be connected to read your full-text feeds.
- Use as a standalone feed reader, or sync with Feedly.
- New Feature: Added ability to hide subscriptions without unread articles. Visit Settings > Subscription Options to toggle.
- New Feature: Added ability to hide folders without unread articles. Visit Settings > Folder Options to toggle.
- New Feature: Directory style search for new feeds, redesigned to help improve discovery of new feeds. Visit Subscriptions > Add Subscription ('+' button in the top right) to check it out.
- New Feature: When using Feedly, get new feed suggestions based on who you follow on Twitter/Facebook. (Requires Twitter/Facebook accounts connected to Feedly). Visit Subscriptions > Add Subscription ('+' button in the top right) to get suggestions.
- New Feature: Added ability to mark an article as read or unread from within the article view.
- New Feature: Added ability to automatically delete read articles on next sync/refresh. Visit Settings > Caching Options > Keep Read Articles, and set it to 'Till next sync/refresh' (Please note: the ability to manually delete articles will be removed in a future update, this is the option was added as a replacement).
- Change: The button to 'Show original article' or 'Show full-text' from in the article view, has been moved to the bottom of the the article text.
- Various other bugfixes and improvements.
If you like lire, please rate it in the App Store and tell you friends about it. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 08, 2014
- 22.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (69)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• i heart ebooks (for Pocket)
• i heart ebooks (for Readability)
• lire for iPad (Full-text RSS)