lire (Full-text RSS)
Love RSS feeds? So do we!!
RSS feeds are a great way to follow updates on your favorite website. However, some sites set up their feeds to only show a portion of each entry, you know, to get you to click through to their actual website. We find that really annoying, and we're sure you do too.
Which is why, unlike other RSS feed readers, that either push you into a browser (in-app or otherwise), or depend on third party text parsing services and require you to be online to fetch the full text of one article at a time (which makes it no different from having to click/tap through to a website), in lire, you get your favorite RSS feeds as they should've been. You don't need to click through to any website (though, you do still have the option to, if you really wanted). It takes your favorite partial feeds, does it's magic, and converts them in to full feeds, so you don't have to click/tap on those annoying 'Read more' or 'Continue reading' links.
Once they're cached, you don't even need to be connected to read your full-text feeds.
- Use as a standalone feed reader, or sync with Feedly.
- Tweaks to support iOS 8.
- Added Greek, and Czech Localization.
- Feedly directory search should now provide much better results, including localized results.
- Swipe To Left Actions, and Swipe To Right Action in the article viewer are now also available on the iPad. Visit Settings > Article Options to set them up.
- Removed animation when switching between articles with swipes (it should now feel much faster).
- Fixed a bug that caused long URL in the article to not be broken into multiple lines causing the article viewer to require horizontal scrolling on the iPhone, and as a consequence interfering with left and right swipe gesture actions.
- Removed the ability to manually delete articles, as hinted in the release notes of the last update. As a replacement for manual deletion, the ability to automatically delete read articles on next sync/refresh was also added in the last update. Visit Settings > Caching Options > Keep Read Articles, and set it to 'Till next sync/refresh' to enable it.
- Other minor bug-fixes and UI tweaks.
- Added support for sharing to Buffer (requires the official Buffer app installed).
VoiceOver Note: In article lists, the rotor can now be used to mark articles as read or unread.
If you like lire, please rate it in the App Store and tell you friends about it. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 09, 2014
- 15.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (72)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• i heart ebooks (for Pocket)
• i heart ebooks (for Readability)
• lire for iPad (Full-text RSS)