Transit App • Real-Time Tracker & Directions for Bus, Subway and Metro including Offline Schedules
iOS iPhone Navigation
Never miss your bus again. Open up the app and boom: upcoming departure times for all nearby transit lines are right there, displayed in big text and bright colors. Plan your trip, set reminders, and get notified about disruptions. Or maybe public transport isn't cooperating? Don't fret: you can easily request an Uber, book a car2go, or see where the closest bike-share station is.
Transit works in 100+ cities across North America and Europe (see US list below). And we work on the Apple Watch too, if that tickles your fancy.
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving with real-time predictions.*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- Locate bike share stations including how many bikes / docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that may affect your commute (in select cities).
- NEW: Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
- NEW: Enable stop announcements and get notified when you're approaching your stop.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
****continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"So thankful, you're the reason I'm not afraid to use the bus"
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
FANCY PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editors Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Elected Official App of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**World Class Design: Featured in Apple's Human Design Guidelines**
**Selected as a 'Killer App' by the Wall Street Journal**
**You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app - LA Times**
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Places it’s good to be a bug:
- Museum of Natural History
- Amazon rainforest
- Jake’s kitchen
Places it’s not:
- Transit App
Say goodbye to Location Bug #679, which showed the Unsupported Region banner in supported cities.
P.S. Rate us five stars and Sam will do Jake’s dishes.