Transit App ~ Real Time Tracker (Subway, Metro, Bus, Train, Bike, Uber & car2go) ~ NYC MTA, Chicago, LA, SF, Washington DC, Boston + more
Transit is the fastest way to get going in over 85 cities. Right on launch, it displays all nearby transport options and departure times — instant access to the information you need most. Bus running late, again? Quickly plan a new route, request an Uber, or grab the closest bike share or car2go.
**Apple’s Editors' Choice** NYC MTA App Quest 2013 Winner** Voted Official App of Toronto Transit Commission -TTC/BlogTO 2014 App Contest**
Transit works in most major US and Canadian metropolitan areas in addition to select cities in Europe (see US list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
NEW - Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
NEW - Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
“Jony Ive would be proud.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The world was invented then this app.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis
- Washington DC (DC Metro and Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
One of our users had such a rowdy night that he woke up in a different city, hours away, with nothing on his person except for a hula skirt and a bag of Doritos. Our lawyers told us to say this: PLEASE WEAR MORE THAN A HULA SKIRT WHEN RIDING THE BUS. Especially if you happen to live in Canada.
Thank you (Brian).
PS: We also fixed a bunch of bugs.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 12, 2015
- Transit App, Inc.
- 20.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (58)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (3463)