Transit • Real-Time App for Bus, Subway & Metro
iOS iPhone Navigation
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a car2go, or grab the closest bike share.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bike share stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with car2go and other local car-share services.
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 125+ cities across North America and Europe (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Julien is an iOS developer at Transit.
Julien volunteered to fix the widget.
Julien doesn’t sleep anymore.
Whenever someone asks him what he does for work, he curls up in the fetal position and whispers to himself “try not to cry, try not to cry.” Last week, his neighbour spray painted “n00b” on his front door. For Halloween, his kids dressed up as widgets and made him play hide-and-seek. Over and over, they disappeared, giggling “unable to load” while Julien searched frantically in fear.
Today, Julien’s nightmare is over. He fixed the widget. This evening, to apologize to his neighbour, he’s going to mow his lawn. Tonight, Julien will celebrate his victory with his wife, children, and an entire tub of cookie dough.
More reasons for Julien to celebrate:
- He can now see his vehicle approaching in GO
- When he’s feeling “wild”, Julien doesn’t listen to GO, and takes a shortcut through the back alleys. Transit takes note and adapts to Julien’s odd sense of adventure.
- Sometimes, Julien likes to race the bus driver and run to the next stop. No problem: GO will update his directions to the stop that’s closest.
- Julien likes to plan ahead. Now he can set an alarm for a trip tomorrow morning.
- Julien isn’t so good at spelling, but he knows where he’s going. He loves the new option “Choose on Map” that lets him slide the pin to his destination, rather than typing it in letter-by-letter, hoping auto-correct kicks in.
In other news, you can now buy bike share passes and unlock bikes in Minneapolis with Nice Ride. But that’s not thanks to Julien.
Julien will sleep better tonight knowing that Transit added:
- Wheel Trans in Tri-Valley, California
- GTrans in Los Angeles
- Stanford University’s Marguerite Shuttle in Palo Alto
- Real-time for DASH in Washington D.C.
- Real-time for Golden Gate Transit in SF
Give us 5 stars to make us shine as brightly as Julien’s eyes.