Transit App ~ Now with Citi Bike, Divvy & Capital Bikeshare!
Wherever you are, just pull Transit out of your pocket and quickly know when the next bus or train is arriving. Not sure what's the fastest way? Use our easy-to-use trip planner to find your way.
Featured by Apple as Editor's Choice! Works in most US metropolitan areas including NYC, Chicago, SF, Philadelphia, LA, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle (see full list below).
- Know at a glance when your next train or bus is arriving.
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- Find scheduled departures and route itineraries even without an Internet connection.
- Star your favorite routes, bumping them to the top of the list
- Plot routes on the map.
*Where real-time is available
Transit works in the following US markets, in addition to many other cities in Canada, France and the UK. Visit our website to view the full list of supported cities or vote for the city you want to see supported next.
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, NJ Transit, PATCO)
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop**, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Washington (Metro*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Kingcounty Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- Atlanta (MARTA*, Cobb Community Transit (CCT), Xpress by GRTA)
- Phoenix (ValleyMetro)
- Baltimore (MTA)
- Portland (TriMet*)
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul (Metro Transit*, Plymouth*, SouthWest Transit*, Scott County Transit*, Airport (MAC), University of Minnesota*, MVTA)
- Houston (METRO)
- Honolulu (TheBus*)
- Pittsburgh (Port Authority)
- Dallas (DART)
- Denver (RTD)
- Las Vegas (RTC)
- Milwaukee (MCTS)
- Salt Lake City (UTA*)
- San Antonio (VIA)
- St. Louis (Metro)
- Austin (Capital Metro)
- Kansas City (KCATA)
- Sacramento (Sacramento Regional Transit, Roseville Transit)
- Tampa (HART, PSTA)
- Hartford (CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Waterbury, CTTransit Hartford, CTTransit New Britain, CTTransit Meriden)
- Cincinnati (Metro, TANK)
- Buffalo (NFTA)
- Providence (RIPTA)
- Columbus (COTA)
- Madison (Madison Metro*)
- Louisville (TARC*)
- Hampton Roads (HRT)
** Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
- Improved widget design
- Fixed some more bugs with the widget
- Fixed flickering issue on iPad
If you’ve been enjoying Transit App, do us a solid and take a minute to leave a nice 5-star review. It really does make a difference!
- iOS 8 Widget! The three lines at the top of your nearby list will now appear in the Notification Center as a Transit Widget. You can instantly see the next two arrivals in real-time (if available) right from Notification Center. Switch directions by tapping a line. To enable the widget after updating to iOS 8, tap "Edit" at the bottom of notification center and tap the "+" next to the Transit icon.
- Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus display size!
- Support for bike sharing in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Denver, Milwaukee, Madison, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, Honolulu County, HI and Broward County, Fl
- Our European expansion continues with support for London and Berlin (and Hamburg and Ulm too!) Eager to see a city added? Visit our wish list at thetransitapp.com/wishlist and up-vote your transit agency!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 3 days ago
- Samuel Vermette
- 19.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (142)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (2955)