Transit App ~ Now with Uber!
Transit is the fastest way to get going in your city! Right on launch, It displays all nearby transport options and departure times – instant access to the information you need most. Bus running late, again? Quickly plan a new route, request an Uber, or grab the closest bike share.
Transit works in most major North American metropolitan areas in addition to select European cities (see US list below).
**Apple’s Editors' Choice** NYC MTA App Quest 2013 Winner** Voted official app of Toronto Transit Commission -TTC/BlogTO 2014 App Contest**
- Know at a glance when your next bus or train is arriving.*
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- View transit schedules and route itineraries (even without an internet connection!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
“Jony Ive would be proud.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The world was invented then this app.”
“Get this app NOW and you’ll start to love commuting on public transit"
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
See below for the full list of supported cities in the US. You can find the complete list at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, NJ Transit, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Kingcounty Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis
- Washington DC (Metro*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Just in case you didn’t notice…. Uber has arrived!
We've joined forces with Uber across North America to improve your urban transport experience. So when your bus is running late, and the nearest bike share dock is totally empty, we can still help you get a ride home.
Here are some of the awesome things you can do:
- Request an Uber in Nearby Mode or through our trip planner. A couple of taps and your ride is on its way.
- View real-time ETAs for public transit and Uber side-by-side. Swipe left or right to browse all available Uber options.
- Check if Uber is surging right from its Nearby Cell.
- Compare A-to-B journey times. What’s more, we’ll take into account how long you’ll have to wait to be picked up when providing the estimate.
- See approximate fares for Uber trips before you request a ride.
- Favorite Uber so that it appears at the top of Nearby Mode alongside your favorite transit routes.
- New to Uber? Receive your first ride free (up to $30). If you're in a hurry, you’re even able to request a ride without downloading the Uber app.
** Transit tries to save you time throughout your commute. If you enjoy our app, please consider using a couple of those extra minutes to leave us a nice 5-star review **
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 08, 2014
- Samuel Vermette
- 20.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (128)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (3266)