*** Autumn sale! 50%-off! *** Spyglass is an essential GPS toolkit for outdoors and off-road navigation. Packed with tools it serves as binoculars, heads-up display, milspec compass with maps, gyrocompass, tactical GPS receiver, waypoint tracker, speedometer, altimeter, Sun, Moon and star finder, gyro horizon, rangefinder, coordinate converter, sextant, inclinometer, angular calculator and camera. It saves your custom places and waypoints, navigates precisely to them later, shows them on maps and using real-time augmented reality, displays detailed GPS info, measures distances, sizes, angles, and does a lot lot more.
COMPASS & GYROCOMPASS
Accuracy improvement techniques, special compass modes and calibration methods that only available in Spyglass make it a real instrument – made by military standards it’s the most advanced and accurate digital compass that also supports military units.
FINDER, TRACKER & AR NAVIGATION
Spyglass operates in 3D and uses augmented reality to show real-time object positions, info and directions to them overlaid over camera or maps.
Save current position, add points from maps, enter location coordinates, bearings and stars manually or use built-in star catalogue.
Find saved places and objects later simply by following pointing arrows.
Spyglass tracks multiple targets simultaneously and shows their info – distance, direction, azimuth, elevation and estimated time of arrival.
Copy, paste and share locations, coordinates and map links using many supported formats.
TACTICAL GPS, SPEEDOMETER & ALTIMETER
Find and track your location and get detailed real-time GPS data – coordinates in dozens of civil and military formats, altitude, course, current and maximum speed, using imperial, metric, nautical and military units.
See yours and targets’ positions on maps using different map styles and alternative map providers – plan waypoints and measure distances.
TRACK STARS, SUN AND MOON & NAVIGATE BY STARS
Track positions of stars, Sun and Moon with arc second precision – use them as a reference to calibrate compass for maximum accuracy.
Measure distances to objects in real time with a rangefinder reticle as in sniper sights.
SEXTANT, ANGULAR CALCULATOR AND INCLINOMETER
Find out heights of objects and distances to them – measure visually and calculate dimensions and distances.
Take pictures overlaid with location, direction and attitude info.
DEMO & HELP
- fixed performance on iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod 4 and lowered CPU usage by 30-35%
- vertical speed indicator:
· 5-second estimation of vertical movement speed
· appears near the altitude readings for vertical speeds faster than 80fpm (0.4m/s)
· supports knots, feet per minute, feet per second and meters per second
- smooth GPS position and course:
· smooth position and course updates
· automatically turns on for speeds over 0.5mph (1km/h)
· no more annoying jumping over maps when moving
- improved camera zoom:
· significantly improved zoom quality
· no more pixel doubling for up to 4x zoom
· zoom limit increased to 32x
- improved gyrocompass mode:
· profound compass calibration for the pure gyroscope mode
· warm-up time for magnetic sensor increased up to 1.5 minutes to achieve even higher precision
· manual gyrocompass calibration stops the warm-up
- font size for azimuth and altitude readings auto-increases for speeds over 1km/h
- diagonal sliding on the main screen:
· diagonal sliding turns on/off slight blur under HUD elements
· diagonal sliding now cycles trough 7 available shading modes
· reduced likelihood of mistaking diagonal slides for horizontal or vertical ones
- Spyglass URI scheme link sharing
· share waypoints via email/messages/SMS using Spyglass links
· click on a link in email or message to open it directly in the app
· spyglass:// link scheme includes waypoint altitude info
- import/export your waypoints via email
· send and receive your waypoints via email
· send waypoints as .spyglass, .kml and .gpx file attachments
· tapping the files in the email will automatically open them in the app
- import/export your waypoints via iTunes file sharing
· save/load waypoint data files via iTunes
· save waypoints into .spyglass, .txt, .kml and .gpx files
· load waypoints from .spyglass, .txt, .xml, .kml, .gpx and .gml files
- maps won't automatically turn off when going offline anymore
- a few more map layers added
- copying and pasting waypoints now includes altitude
- missing ±D.x coordinate format added
- increased D.x coordinate format precision
- improved parsing of coordinates and map links
- fixed OSNG/OSGB parsing for coordinates with fewer than 5 digits
- improved lightweight rendering:
· all the vector and text drawing cached into textures
· GPU usage lowered by 30-60%
· CPU usage lowered by 25-50%
- improved RAM usage:
· smarter memory caching under low memory conditions
- new draft user guide published on our website:
· click "(i)" button and choose "Guide" to open the download page
- corrections in all language localizations
- minor UI tweaks and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 07, 2014
- Pavel Ahafonau
- 8.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (118)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (2464)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Commander Compass
• Commander Compass Lite
• Deep Whois
• Net Status - remote server monitor
• Nice Trace - traceroute
• RBL Status
• Scany - network scanner
• True Visage