Glympse - Share location with friends
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose.
When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
Awards & Press:
• "[Glympse] is one of those apps that's ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot.” –CNET Reviews
• "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" –Fast Company
• Named one of “15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011” –Mashable
★★★★★ “This app is awesome... I use it to show people where I am, my eta, to coordinate several people meeting at the same place coming from different directions... It gives people peace of mind, and the option to see it in a web browser is awesome for those who don't yet have the app. Also, it's nice that you can set the Glympse to expire upon arrival for saved battery life.” – Bradley Dunham via iTunes
★★★★★ "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glymspe!!! Thnx!" --via Glympse Support
★★★★★ “I Glympse during bike races so my fam knows where to intercept me. When I'm heading back from a meeting, or when we are heading to other's location.” –98Buff via iTunes
★★★★★ “Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!” –via Glympse Support
✔ Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
✔ Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
✔ Live: share location in real-time
✔ Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
✔ Passive: runs in the background
✔ Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
✔ coordinate a night out with friends
✔ let your spouse know when you’ll be home from work
✔ negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
✔ make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
✔ find family members at a theme park
✔ provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
✔ share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
✔ direct emergency personnel to you quickly
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Glympse supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Please note that an iPhone or iPad 3G are best suited for sending Glympses as they have GPS for pinpoint location and can share your location while you are on the move.
• We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the "Send us Feedback" feature in the app under Settings.
• More localized versions of Glympse are coming soon. If you would like to help translate Glympse to your language, please contact us at email@example.com. Thanks!
Friendlier in-app feedback for help and feedback (Shout out to the team at Apptentive)
Fix for blank map issue
Invite removal confirmation, and other minor enhancements
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 1 day ago
- Glympse Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (3569)
- 9.7 MB