iOS Universal Navigation
DC Rider is the authoritative D.C. Metro app, from The Washington Post and Express.
- The latest Metro train arrival times, for each station, direct from WMATA.
- Plan your trip, and save your commute for easy access.
- Alerts, SafeTrack data, and closures, right in the app: never wonder about your station again.
- The latest transportation news from The Washington Post and Express.
- Tell our journalists about any Metro problems you encounter, right in the app.
This update adds iCloud sync to your favorite stations and your commute. Now, this data persists and syncs between your devices. No sign-in necessary. (Seriously, every app should do this.)
It also includes the following improvements:
- Added back the number of cars on each train (Sorry!).
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't tap on multiple stations in the map.
- Alerts weren't reloading. Now they update every 30s, and we added Pull-to-refresh.
- Added Pull-to-Refresh a few other places that make sense.
- Cleaned up some areas of the design, including the icons.