Yardbirds HiRes Player
Yardbirds HiRes Player plays internet radio streams (*1) and also streams music files (*2) including hi-res (*3) on a WebDAV server. If you are tired of listening to the radio, you can listen to your favorite music on a WebDAV server. Or vice versa. It provides a universal Playlist feature (aka Shortcut-List) (*4). Each Shortcut-List handles music files that span multiple WebDAV servers.
There's almost no limits with its number of servers, whole capacity of storage, and the number of tracks. It differs from major music streaming services. You can obtain much better cloud music streaming environment by using of home-server or NAS (*5).
It provides a better look-and-feel, mimicking audio devices. It has 100 radio stations preset as samples. It supports various playlist formats (pls/m3u/asx/xspf/webloc). You can easily add more preset radio stations with built-in tuner/iTracks file sharing/Open In.... Basically, it preserves preemptive playback mode if the radio-station/track list is displayed. The view will not be changed arbitrarily during playback sequence.
I will notify current situation in response to a message of customer reviews here.
※ Try to maximize the size of the stream buffer if you encounter frequent buffering. Please note this operation loses responsiveness of starting playback.
※ In most cases, you can cancel current processing while rotating indicator being shown. Tap on it to cancel.
※ In Edit mode, double-tap a preset to edit.
※ Hi-res file streaming capability requires an iOS device faster than iPhone4 (with iOS6)/iPhone4S (with iOS7).
※ IEEE802.11n Wi-Fi router is required to play hi-res music.
※ Strong field intensity is required to play hi-res music.
* Music dedicated WebDAV Browser feature (SSL, DigestAuth, ...)
* WebDAV art work -- Album Cover Art (album.jpg) , Art work for individual tunes ([Track Title].jpg)
* WebDAV lyrics -- ([Track Title].txt)
* WebDAV thumbnails -- (album.png, [Track Title].png) A 64x64 size pixel raster file is recommended in order to be drawn quickly..
* Maintain(Import/Export/DeleteAll) preset stations -- (iCloud/Local)
* Edit (Add/Edit (*4)/Duplicate/Delete) a preset site (station or WebDAV server) -- (TopView)
* Add comments to a site preset -- (Please swipe a preset station item to the left at TopView except for iOS7)
* iTracks like built-in tuner with more than 5000 active stations -- (Please tap station “like” icon at TopView)
* Select a single channel from a station with multiple channels -- (StationInfoView)
* User definable category names of preset stations -- (Settings.app)
* Sleep Timer -- (Please tap the clock icon)
* Fade in -- (Settings.app)
* Simple external interface for other apps that copies tune/station info to pasteboard -- (Please double-tap the title bar during playback)
* Shuffle playback -- (Interaction to AudioPlayerView/Shake)
* Repeat playback
* Switch player mode seamlessly -- (StationListView⇔AudioPlayerView)
* Launch radio stations' Web site -- (Comment of preset station/StationInfoView)
* Meter Modes(VU/Peak/Spectrum) -- (Please press each meter for a while)
* Interface variation -- (Please press the titlebar for a while to toggle.)
*1) Basically supports MP3/AAC/AAC+ and optionally supports ALAC/AIFF/WAV. There's no plan to support WMA such as Japanese community FM.
*2) Basically supports MP3/AAC/AAC+/ALAC/AIFF/(part of)WAV. There's no plan to support WMA.
*3) iPhone4S streams 192KHz/24bit file. Supported files are WAV/ALAC/AIFF. In case of using iOS7, faster device will be required.
*4) In accordance with your editing environment (Mac/PC/iOS Device), use an appropriate WebDAV browser to edit contents of WebDAV servers.
*5) Artwork/lyrics function may not work with the NAS that is using a minor WebDAV server. Because there's a room to adapt to your environment, let me know the WebDAV server software of your environment.
search track function in a playlist
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 29, 2013
- Rikki Systems Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 6.7 MB