IMPORTANT: iOS 6 compatibility fixes are on their way for Symphony Pro 3.0 coming in less than one week. We have already taken care of the stability issues, but we're still wrapping up the remainder of this update. Thanks for being patient.
Symphony Pro is the easiest way to compose and listen to sheet music.
Open up one of your saved compositions, or begin with a blank page, and you're ready to start writing. You can import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, Symphony files, opened from other apps such as Mail and Safari, or from the device via iTunes File Sharing.
Select a note length and then tap anywhere on the score to add a note. Use the 88-key virtual keyboard or a Core MIDI compatible keyboard to rapidly enter a series of notes or chords. You can use the recording tool to play in phrases in real-time.
Symphony Pro supports a wide range of notational elements, including dynamics, arpeggios, trills, mordents, accelerandos, glissandos, tuplets, tempo changes, time and key signature changes, alternate endings, double bar-lines, and repeats. You can create and edit chord symbols and lyrics easily using the iPad's standard keyboard.
When you're done composing, you can export your piece as a MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, AAC, or Symphony file to iTunes or email. You can also quickly save a screenshot of each page in your score to Photos.
In addition, you can use the new AirPrint feature to print your scores directly from the iPad, AirPlay to wirelessly stream audio to compatible devices, and AirShare to easily share or transfer multiple files at once across your local network.
• Currently featured as a top creativity app by Apple at apple.com/education/apps/
• 114 built-in instrument sounds including a drum kit.
• Up to 12 tracks and 4 voices per composition
• Add and edit notes by tapping on the score, playing the built-in keyboard, or playing a Core MIDI instrument (requires Camera Connection Kit or Midi Mobilizer™ II)
• Supports tons of notational elements, including dynamics, arpeggios, trills, mordents, accelerandos, glissandos, staccatos, tuplets, double bar-lines alternate endings, pickup measures, and repeats
• Real time note entry
• Smart chord symbol, lyric, and text tool
• Grace notes
• Customizable noteheads
• Transposable instruments & score
• Copy and paste using rectangle
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, AAC, or Symphony file
• Change the tempo, time signature, key signature, or clef at any point in the score
• Advanced editing support, such as copy/paste and undo/redo
• Stream audio wirelessly with AirPlay to compatible speakers, stereo systems, AV receivers, Apple TV, and other devices
• Print a page or the entire score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Easily share your files over the air with others on the same local network
• Switch to portrait mode to view your composition in full screen, like sheet music
• Multi-touch gestures for easy navigation and editing
• Customizable layout & text sizes
• View and edit tracks one at a time, or all at once
• Delete individual notes, entire measures, or entire selection areas
• Use the keyboard without entering any notes to test out phrases
• Loop playback between specific measures
• Autosaving and document recovery
• Built-in manual
• Visit symphonypro.net for screenshots, sample files, or to listen to the playback quality
• Watch a demo at bit.ly/symphonypro
• Connect with us at facebook.com/symphonyapp
Symphony Pro is great for working on pieces while you're away from your workstation. It's an invaluable tool for instructors, since it allows you to write out a part and have it immediately played back. It also works well as a sketchpad and sheet music viewer for musicians.
• Copy and paste using rectangle
• Expandable crescendos and diminuendos
• User defined beam groups
• User defined stems
• Added non-pitched neutral clef
• Reposition rests vertically
• Added note stem direction support to MusicXML import and export
• Enable/Disable background music
• Hold down any of the arrow keys to press it repeatedly
• Preview MP3, AAC, and other audio files from inside the app
• Provides better iOS 5.1 support
• Fixed a crash that could occur when exporting to audio and then pressing play
• Fixed crashing that could occur when flipping pages
• Fixed bug that could cause a crash while saving
• Fixed bug where export to Photos and PDF could make the app unresponsive
• Fixed bug where MIDI import would only show empty measures
• Fixed bug where new files could become corrupt after a crash
• Fixed cases where exported audio could be scrambled/sped up
• Fixed cases when piano input doesn't work
• Background music no longer pauses when you open the app
• Full measures now have the same width as empty measures
• Unsaved changes warning when creating or opening a new song has been removed
• Minor improvement to score rendering
• Improved audio engine stability
• Improved memory management
• Improved note-stem alignments across voices
• Improved slur positioning
• More efficient, cleaner spacing of tracks
• Updated the manual
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 17, 2012
- Xenon Labs, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (157)
- 189.7 MB