Symphony Pro 4
iOS iPad Music
Symphony Pro 4 (SP4) is a complete and easy-to-use app for creating music notation on iPad. It allows you to compose music for just about any size ensemble, from piano, symphonies, band, lead sheets, chord charts, guitar tabs, and more.
SP4 provides many great options to begin your work. Import a score via MusicXML, MXL, MIDI, or Symphony file from your computer, or from apps like Dropbox, Mail, iCloud Drive, or Safari. You can base your project on a template, or start a blank score and add additional parts later.
To add notes, select the easy-to-find Pencil mode, and tap anywhere inside a measure to begin editing right away. You can quickly specify note properties before or after placing notes. By switching to Select mode with one touch, you can also transpose, erase, cut, and paste multiple notes anywhere in the score.
With an on-screen instrument, a QWERTY keyboard, or Core MIDI compatible keyboard, you can quickly enter notes & chords in step entry mode. Or, record a part in real-time with the built-in instruments to transcribe into notation.
Version 4 takes greater advantage of the iPad touchscreen. With shortcuts and contextual menus to edit note & bar properties, many of the commonly used editing commands are right at your fingertips.
In 4.0, Symphony Pro supports a wider range of notational elements for your composition. SP4 provides a wide selection of dynamics & articulations, time & key signature changes, clef changes, pedals, and repeat conventions. Edit chord symbols, lyrics, and annotations using the iPad’s standard keyboard.
When you’re finished, print out your score with AirPrint, or export it as a PDF, MusicXML, AAC, MIDI, or Symphony file. Share files via email or directly to another computer or iPad via Dropbox.
More Complete Features:
• 114 built-in instruments for playback, and auditioning the notes you entered.
• Create scores in standard music notation or tablature
• Edit with an on-screen instrument, QWERTY keyboard, or a MIDI input device
• Dozens of shortcuts & gestures to edit & navigate. Or, use an attached QWERTY keyboard
• Reduce your score size, range, or combination of parts for viewing & editing**
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record a part in real-time with clicks at the beat with optional emphasis
• Backup & sync your scores with iCloud**
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Multi-measure rests** for parts
• Grace notes
• Customizable notehead symbol & colors**
• Chord symbol, lyric, and annotation tools
• Edit multiple notes and rests by selection, toggle, and note groupings.
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Create your own custom project template or use a built-in one
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback choices
• Auto-save, and overwrite protection for current projects.
** Part of the Version 4 Complete Features Bundle for only $4.99
For More information, please visit:
• Forums at http://forums.symphonypro.net
• Facebook page at www.facebook.com/symphonyapp
• Learn about our iPhone version at bit.ly/symphonyiphone
Editing & Notation
- Addresses flickering of score elements while scrolling in normal/paged viewing, as well as various text display issues when zooming in or out. Most commonly occurred when custom page dimensions were set
- Continued rendering improvements and bug fixes for score elements
- Multi-verse lyrics are properly selectable
- MIDI import: addresses voicing and other accuracy issues
- Easier option to delete resource files (i.e. AAC, MIDI, PDFs) from the Import File menu, using the Edit button at the top-right corner
- Various other usability improvements for Projects Window
- On-Screen Piano & Fretboard scrollbar improvements
- Voices Menu: empty layers (with no notes) are labeled within its listing
- Note entry input cursor always remains active, regardless of whether on-screen piano or midi input is enabled.
- Delete button is available at left side of Navigation Toolbar if VoiceOver enabled
- Fixed Quick-Nav scroll within Notes Toolbar, where non-enabled buttons were sometimes indicated by VoiceOver
- Fixed crash and other glitches when using horizontal arrow keys or buttons to navigate by measure.
- Measure Navigation Ruler play head interaction improvements when jumping to a specific bar number. Fixed issue where cursor was sometimes placed at incorrect bar number when using this element as well.
- Modify current playback position to next or previous measure using the right or left bracket keys. By default, they move the note input cursor left or right.
- Various other QWERTY commands had glitches introduced in recent iOS updates that were addressed
- Document Management: fixed various accessibility labels that were incorrect or missing.