iOS iPad Music
Symphony Pro 4 (SP4) is a complete and easy-to-use app for creating music notation on iPad. It allows you to compose music for just about any size ensemble, from piano, symphonies, band, lead sheets, chord charts, guitar tabs, and more.
SP4 provides many great options to begin your work. Import a score via MusicXML, MXL, MIDI, or Symphony file from your computer, or from apps like Dropbox, Mail, iCloud Drive, or Safari. You can base your project on a template, or start a blank score and add additional parts later.
To add notes, select the easy-to-find Pencil mode, and tap anywhere inside a measure to begin editing right away. You can quickly specify note properties before or after placing notes. By switching to Select mode with one touch, you can also transpose, erase, cut, and paste multiple notes anywhere in the score.
With an on-screen instrument, a QWERTY keyboard, or Core MIDI compatible keyboard, you can quickly enter notes & chords in step entry mode. Or, record a part in real-time with the built-in instruments to transcribe into notation.
Version 4 takes greater advantage of the iPad touchscreen. With shortcuts and contextual menus to edit note & bar properties, many of the commonly used editing commands are right at your fingertips.
In 4.0, Symphony Pro supports a wider range of notational elements for your composition. SP4 provides a wide selection of dynamics & articulations, time & key signature changes, clef changes, pedals, and repeat conventions. Edit chord symbols, lyrics, and annotations using the iPad’s standard keyboard.
When you’re finished, print out your score with AirPrint, or export it as a PDF, MusicXML, AAC, MIDI, or Symphony file. Share files via email or directly to another computer or iPad via Dropbox.
More Complete Features:
• 114 built-in instruments for playback, and auditioning the notes you entered.
• Create scores in standard music notation or tablature
• Edit with an on-screen instrument, QWERTY keyboard, or a MIDI input device
• Dozens of shortcuts & gestures to edit & navigate. Or, use an attached QWERTY keyboard
• Reduce your score size, range, or combination of parts for viewing & editing**
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record a part in real-time with clicks at the beat with optional emphasis
• Backup & sync your scores with iCloud**
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Multi-measure rests** for parts
• Grace notes
• Customizable notehead symbol & colors**
• Chord symbol, lyric, and annotation tools
• Edit multiple notes and rests by selection, toggle, and note groupings.
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Create your own custom project template or use a built-in one
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback choices
• Auto-save, and overwrite protection for current projects.
** Part of the Version 4 Complete Features Bundle for only $4.99
For More information, please visit:
• Forums at http://forums.symphonypro.net
• Facebook page at www.facebook.com/symphonyapp
• Learn about our iPhone version at bit.ly/symphonyiphone
** iCloud Scores: missing projects from earlier versions restored automatically with this update **
Any such files that were affected will restore entirely after updating, provided that you haven’t deleted any of SP’s cloud data allocation, such as from the Manage Storage window.
If you’re still having trouble syncing cloud projects, first verify a working Internet connection, and make sure you’re logged into the correct email address under Home Screen > Settings > iCloud. If the documents still fail to show up, however, do let us know by emailing to email@example.com.
Below are some other improvements & features we’ve introduced early-on with this update!
- Bluetooth MIDI compatible
* To enable a device with app, first open the Bluetooth Setup menu under Instruments > Playback > MIDI Options > MIDI Connections
- Improved stability when editing with the On-Screen Piano, or when transposing notes
- Improved editing performance on iPad 2/3
- Toolbar layouts even more ergonomic across all iPad models
- Fixes crash when moving projects between folders
- Fixes a bug where MIDI Input would occasionally become responsive
- iOS 10 compatibility improvements
* Remember you can instantly share your ideas or feedback directly within the app. Just navigate under Help > Feedback at the top-left corner.
* As commonly the case, we’ve been needing lots of extra preparation to provide a composing environment that will be more seamless, yet more commanding than ever before. Below are just several aspects we'll encompass in a major release arriving soon:
- Dedicated support for Apple Pencil
- Convenient new gestures for editing & navigating
- Powerful new expression & annotation tools
- Part management & viewing features that will soon taking full advantage of the iPad Pro touchscreen, and the latest hardware
Thanks for your patience in awaiting the more ambitious improvements planned for the coming months! To stay posted as details on major releases become available, subscribe to our mailing list at symphonypro.net/#newsletter