SoundScaper - An experimental sound mini lab
iOS iPad Music
SoundScaper is an experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending principles.
With this application you can easily experiment with creating new and unusual sounds from ordinary samples. For sound designers and those interested in creating ambient or experimental electronic music, with filtering and mixing of up to three oscillators, you can create excellent soundscapes, textures and drones for your music or for movie soundtrack or entertainment apps and games. With complete MIDI control this application is very comfortable and powerful instrument to use for real-time sound creation and live improvisation.
The oscillators, based on simulating schematics of actual 8 bit lofi sound playback chips, have circuit bending like controls that are ideal for making glitches, noises, crackles and granular sounds. Combined with the filtering and spatial mixing options, you can expand these sounds to deep and atmospheric textures. Finally you can add motion and continuous changes to your sounds via low frequency oscillators which can control the filter and mixer parameters.
The "Morphing scene" option gives you ability of smooth switching between scenes, applying multifunctional filters and changing oscillators parameters during morphing process. Using these features you can add a new dimension to the existing scenes varying them in the real time.
● Three sample-based oscillators with control based on circuit bending principles.
● Three Low / High / Band - pass filters and two range delay for each oscillator.
● Spatial mixer / reverb with side and distance for each sound source.
● Three low frequency oscillators for automation mixer and filters.
● Possibility of generating parameters for each oscillator automatically.
● Scenes for storing all parameters of oscillators, filters and mixer.
● Morphing with smooth switching between scenes and additional effects in real-time.
● Built-in library of natural samples grouped by categories.
● Set of ready-to-use presets for oscillators.
● Advanced control panel for all faders and rotary knobs with large controls.
● Individual equalizer and reverb options for each sound source in the spatial mixer.
● Complete MIDI control for all faders, knobs and most other elements.
● Uploading samples through Dropbox, Web access, clipboard and from other apps.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
● Detailed application description (also in signle PDF on application site).
● Supports Audiobus with "State Saving" feature.
● Inter-App audio compatible.
Fourth generation of iPad and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-app audio and Audiobus).
You can find more details about SoundScaper on application site:
Completely redesigned "Morphing scene" feature that is the new instrument as a part of SoundScaper specially designed for live improvisation with existing scenes.
● New control pad of oscillators in the morphing interface.
● Possibility to change oscillators parameters during the morphing.
● Automatic output level control during the morphing.
● Automatic return to zero option for parameters in morphing.
● New MIDI controls for the morphing options.
● Added very creative feature of feedback.
● Improved morphing modes.
● Two range of rate for main LFOs.
● Added option of drift for main LFOs.
● Added new presets for oscillators.
● Updated description of the application.
● Description available as PDF on application site.
● Several minor bugs have been fixed.