AS FEATURED IN APPLE ADS
Notion, is a notation editor and playback tool for your iPad, giving you the convenience of an easy-to-use music creation tool right at your fingertips. An incredible composition app for any music lover, Notion gives you the ability to compose, edit, and playback scores using real audio samples performed by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios. You can capture your musical ideas anytime, and with the mobility of the iPad, you can take this helpful application anywhere.
With a user-friendly interface and simple interactive piano keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad; Notion makes it easy to get started composing your music. And, with Notion's abundance of advanced functions you can take your most basic ideas to an entirely new level right on your iPad.
In addition to the notation editor you can also hear your music performed with real audio samples, giving you the most realistic playback possible. Notion comes bundled with piano and orchestral samples recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios as well as popular instruments such as guitar, bass, and much more.
Begin your project by using the simple score setup tool or open your Notion and Progression iPad files as well as import MusicXML, Guitar Pro, and MIDI files. You can continue to alter your score and playback using a palette full of articulations, expressions, and dynamics. Or create the perfect balance using the full-featured multi-track mixer with effects.
Once you are happy with your creation you can share your work with anyone by simply sending a file that they can use Notion to view, hear, and edit your creation. Other options include sending MIDI or MusicXML files, or emailing a PDF file that can be viewed and printed anytime they want.
- Enter, edit, and playback notation, tab, or both
- Orchestral samples by The London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- Piano, keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass
- MIDI step-time entry with your favorite MIDI device
- Record real-time MIDI input into your score.
- New Audition Mode: Use the on-screen virtual instruments to hear sounds before entering them into your score.
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Support for retina display.
- Interactive piano keyboard for fast entry
- Interactive 24-fret guitar fretboard
- Interactive drum pad
- Quick and simple selection palette
- Distortion and reverb effects
- Full audio mixer
- Full range of orchestral functions and articulations including: Staccato, Flutter tongues, Trills, Vibrato, and much more…
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer on, pull off, mutes, whammy bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more…
- Drag and drop cursor option
- Switch Instruments
- Insert text
- Rehearsal Marks
- Chord Symbols and Diagrams
- Rhythm Slashes
- Continuous and Page View
- Quick “Undo” and “Redo” functions
- Chord and melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Convenient file sharing
- Save as an audio file
- Import .notion, MIDI, MusicXML, GuitarPro 3-5 files
- Email .notion, PDF, MusicXML, .WAV, AAC or MIDI files
- Search for tabs, MIDI, or MusicXML online from within the app
- Import from Dropbox
- In-Store app to add more instruments and gear
- Help Files
- And much more…
- Real time record from on-screen piano, fretboard and drumpad
- Ability to turn autoscroll on or off when entering notes
- Drag score objects (e.g. dynamics)
- Swap articulations from above to below staff
- Cross-staff beaming
- Export all parts to pdf
- Add Capo feature
- Align Chords
- Stemless rhythm slashes
- Hide/unhide stems
- Cautionary key and clef
- Select and paste in/out individual voices
- Show voice colors
- Select lyrics for a region
- New languages: German and Japanese
- More Export options
- Restore All Purchases button added
- Instruments add to score in normal score order
- Expansion sounds visible when not connected to network
- Instrument technique boxes re-positioned
- Instrument order retained from imported scores
- Backup of scores when syncing with iTunes
- New server for Purchased Sounds for faster downloads
- Various improvements to multi-measure rests
- Concert Toms: name now displaying and sounds playing back
- In-app purchase sounds retained on device*
*NB You may need to restore sounds for this version one final time - for future versions these should then stay on the device (unless you are restoring the iPad, or you have deleted Notion)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 05, 2014
- NOTION Music, Inc.
- 1196.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (10)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (706)