Fingrophone is a continuous synth instrument available for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You'll be able to rock out with 5 types of sound using a novel interface that gives you precise control over pitch, but also makes it easy to stick to notes from a scale.
Some features include:
* intuitive touch interface
* adjustable octave range
* 5 scales rooted at each note: pentatonic, major, harmonic minor, melodic minor, and chromatic
* high-quality 44100 Hz 16-bit output
* continuous control over pitch, and continuous control over how much continuous control over pitch you want
* cool chorus, slide, and user-adjustable delay effects
* multi-touch control over monophonic audio, allowing you to perform hammer-ons and pull-offs, as well as the more elusive pull-ons and hammer-offs
* non-interruption of your iPod, so you can solo over tunes from your collection
HOW TO PLAY
Just touch the screen! It's as simple as that. Touching further to the right increases pitch. Touching higher or lower on the screen controls the level of "soft-quantization". Touch near the top and the pitch will be adjusted to the closest scale note. Touch near the bottom for more precise control over the pitch.
Each colored column corresponds to a single scale note, with the white column being the root of the scale. Don't forget to try some two-finger trills!
The settings screen will appear when you first start the app. From here, you can choose your scale, waveform, volume, and octave range. The "Rock Out!" button will start the instrument mode. You can get back to the settings screen at any time by shaking your device.
-added support for iPad
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 04, 2012
- Ian Simon
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (12)
- 0.6 MB