Blues Masters 2
All new blues guitar licks from the masters, just like the original Blues Masters app!
An encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
Praise for the original Blues Masters:
“The Blues Guitar app created by [G-Men Productions] is so full of enjoyable and entertaining elements that it is sure to inspire everyone who uses it to grab the nearest guitar and start playing. They’ve taken the age-old process of teaching guitar and infused it with stunning animation, sound, photos, and video.… Those who already play guitar will not be able to resist using the app to learn more, and those who don’t play will want to run out and find a guitar just to be part of the digital world that [they] have built. I’ve been writing about the guitar, and playing it, for more years than I care to count, but seeing [this] app made my jaw drop for the first time in a decade.”
—HP Newquist, former Editor-in-Chief, GUITAR magazine; Executive Director, The National GUITAR Museum; author, “The Way They Play” Guitar Series
Uses high-quality audio, not synthesized music.
Learn 56 authentic riffs from 15 masters of the blues guitar. These riffs are designed to sound great over each portion of the blues progression. They're presented (using notes and tab with audio and animation) in two measure chunks—organized by where they fall in the standard 12-bar progression. Most riffs also feature video instruction. Other videos can be purchased in-app (if iOS 6 and above). You can enrich your blues vocabulary and assemble your own solos with authentic licks as played by 15 of the best Blues Masters:
Jeff Beck – Chris Cain – Eric Clapton – Rick Derringer
Jerry Garcia – Buddy Guy – Warren Haynes – Mark Karan
Jonny Lang – Alvin Lee – Keith Richards – Richie Sambora
Volker Strifler – Muddy Waters – Johnny Winter
The Blues Masters 2 app is an encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
• Audio with text commentary for each riff
• Note-by-note video instruction for selected riffs [35+ videos! More than 99 minutes.]
• The ability to purchase and download 18 additional videos (iOS 6+) [More than 45 minutes.]
• Slow down each riff to 3/4 or 1/2 speed to help you learn it
• Notes and tab, with animation, shows you what to play for each riff
• You can loop over any portion of each lick for learning an especially tricky section in it
• Add your favorite licks to your “Hot List” for convenient retrieval
• A Hot List page for assembling your own 12-bar Hot List solo; choose six 2-bar licks sorted by lick number or artist to create a 12-bar solo and then play it as if the greats were trading licks with each other
• Animate the whole progression while playing one of three backing tracks so you can play them with your own rhythm section (you can slow this down too!)
• See a Bio page for each artist with the ability to listen to each of their licks, sorted by its place in the 12-bar progression; if you like a riff, tap on it to go straight from the Bio page to the Music page to learn it
• A fun spinner to randomly select an artist and riff
• A built-in tuner with clickable strings to help you tune your guitar
• Everything is included except the in-app purchased videos; no Wi-Fi streaming is required
This app was produced by Cherry Lane Music Company, a leader in music instruction, and by G-Men Productions.
Fix incorrect pitch when the music is slowed down.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 19, 2013
- G-Men Productions
- 800.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data