Animoog for iPhone
** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4, 4S or iPod Touch 4th gen. minimum to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
Fixed CATEGORIES folder display when updating from previous version.
New features (as of v1.1.0):
• Preset Categories
• MIDI CC Mapping
• Recording time is doubled
• ACOUSTIC and METALLIC expansion packs added to Animoog Store
• MIDI Expansion Pack
The MIDI Expansion Pack transforms Animoog into a MIDI controller as innovative and richly expressive as the Animoog sound engine itself.
The Animoog touch keyboard becomes a source for polyphonic MIDI notes with velocity and aftertouch, using Animoog's custom note scales which are saved per preset. Poly-pressure translates the dynamic of each finger movement into MIDI data, while Channel pressure ensures compatibility with the widest range of existing synthesizers. Of course the on-screen Pitch and Mod strips send Pitch Wheel and Modulation messages as well.
The keyboard MIDI output also uses a special Polyphonic Legato message, created by Moog in order to accurately record the unique playing styles made possible by Animoog's polyphonic, continuous ribbon-style keyboard. Polyphonic Legato allows you to record and play back Animoog performances while preserving expressive glides from note to note, with full polyphony. Since the performance is recorded as MIDI, you can keep tweaking the sound even after you've nailed the perfect expressive rendition of the notes.
MIDI Mapping is also expanded, with the ability to send any assignable MIDI CC messages from Animoog's on-screen controls, including the X-Y Pad. This allows you to use all of Animoog as a control surface for your plugins or external hardware. In addition, you can record and play back MIDI knob tweaks in the same way as you can a keyboard performance.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 3 days ago
- Moog Music Inc.
- 7.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (84)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (575)