Merck Manual Professional
iOS Universal Medical
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
***This very large app (the entire content of the Merck Manual) can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi to download and install in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer.***
The amount of clinical information currently doubles every 18 months and the pace is only getting faster. Stay ahead of the curve with the Merck Manual Professional App.
The completely redesigned Merck Manual Professional App improves on the trusted Merck Manual app. This useful medical reference app still provides health care practitioners and students with clear, practical explanations for thousands of conditions in all major medical and surgical specialties. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for evaluation and treatment. Now with many new features and enhancements.
The trusted Merck Manual Professional medical app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 350 academic physicians
• Photos and Illustrations of thousands of disorders and diseases
• NEW ”How to Do” Videos on numerous outpatient procedures and physical examinations. Concise instructional videos by medical experts on these key topics:
o Casting and splinting techniques
o Orthopedic examinations
o Neurologic examinations
o Obstetric procedures
o Outpatient procedures (including IV lines, tubes, catheters, dislocation reductions and more)
• NEW Drug Reference Information*
• NEW Quizzes* check knowledge of medical disorders, symptoms, and treatments
• NEW Interactive Case Simulations* test ability to treat a specific patient over the disease course
• NEW Medical News* covering the most current and important medical topics
• NEW Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Healthcare Professionals in the United States, Canada, its territories and Puerto Rico only.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merck.com/policy/commitment/home.html.
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
For questions or help with the app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• App and Video downloads can now be done in background mode
• Faster Sync and loading of Medical Topics pages
• Improved Search functionality and topic navigation
• Secured App URL can now be shared on Social Media
• Ability to navigate the Medical Topics from Videos
• Download and update issue fixed
• This app is also available for 32-bit devices, but may take considerably longer to download