This app was developed by experienced doctors & diabetes nurses to help children with type 1 diabetes and their parents to learn more about insulin therapy and insulin pumps. It is also aimed at established children and young people with diabetes already on insulin pumps to update their knowledge.
The following fetaures are in this App to enhance your knowledge and improve your intensive diabetes self care:
1) Basic information on diabetes, carbohydrate counting and insulin pumps
2) Details on advanced pump features
3) Calculations for starting basal rates, returning to insulin injections and a bolus wizard
4) Videos - allowing you and your family to clearly see how we recommend to do certain pump related tasks eg: change an infusion set or reduce bubbles in your pump
5) A feedback section so we can continually improve the PUMPS4KIDS App
This app was developed by expereinced Doctors & Diabetes Nurses who look after children with type 1 diabetes on a daily basis. The aim of this App is to enhance and support the teaching provided by your local diabetes team. We do not recommend changing any pump setting without first checking with yout local diabetes team. Please follow LOCAL protocols FIRST, especially if they differ from the recommendations in this App.
Minor updates to text and calculations.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 15, 2013
- Hawkes Apps
- 19.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data