Are you competent in managing adult inpatients with diabetes? Do you know which insulin is which? Can you effectively manage hypoglycaemia? Can you adjust insulin doses confidently?
Up to 15% of all adult patients in hospital have diabetes. The vast majority of them are cared for by medical teams who are not experts in diabetes.
Derived from national guidelines, this App from Southampton General Hospital will provide a concise resource for the common issues in diabetes that non-diabetes medical staff are often faced with. The APP will help to promote more clinically effective diabetes care for inpatients.
Key features include:
- Guidance and search function for types of insulin, oral and other injectable therapies for diabetes
- A ‘which insulin is patient taking?’ search tool
Advice to promote the safe use of insulin (prescribing, general ‘do and do nots’)
- Insulin dose calculator for patients new to insulin
- Interactive insulin dose adjustment tool
- Step by step management of hypoglycaemia in hospital depending on severity
- Advice on which particular diabetes issues should be referred to the Specialists
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 02, 2012
- Southampton University Hospitals Trust
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 1.6 MB