iOS Universal Medical
Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death and disease in the developed world, and is increasing at an astonishing rate in low and middle income countries due to unhealthy shifts in diet and activity patterns, high rates of smoking, and other risk factors. Although prevention is the best treatment, early intervention and appropriate management of cardiovascular disease leads to far better outcomes, improved quality of life and decreased mortality.
The Cardiology pocket app by Borm Bruckmeier Publishing aims to provide today’s busy clinicians with an overview of the current approaches to diagnosing and treating heart and cardiovascular disease, in a concise and highly accessible format. This comprehensive guide covers the major heart conditions most often seen in clinical practice, as well as other important cardiovascular topics such as hypertension, diseases of large vessels, and thromboembolic disease. Although some of content is specialized and will be found most useful by cardiologists and other cardiovascular disease specialists, given the large prevalence of cardiovascular disease, many other clinicians from general practitioners and hospitalists, to trainees and medical students will find the information inside extremely useful and practical in day-to-day practice.
The content of the Cardiology pocket app is presented using a new, innovative user interface (UI) that is elegant, intuitive and simple to use. Features include a unique and highly customizable UI design, gesture-based navigation, bookmarking and annotation support, indexed searching, support for iCloud backups, and numerous interactive components such as medical calculators for important cardiology formulas and scores.
Some of the topics covered in the new Cardiology pocket app include the following:
• The presentation, diagnosis and differential diagnosis of common conditions such as chest pain, hypertension, dyspnea, syncope, dizziness, arrhythmias, edema, cyanosis and more
• Information on common diagnostic procedures including ECG, heart auscultation, exercise stress testing, cardiac catheterization, pacemaker testing, and tilt-table testing
• The use and interpretation of common imaging techniques including chest radiography, echocardiography, angiography, CT, MRI and PET
• The diagnosis and management of angina, STEMI, unstable angina/NSTEMI and acute coronary syndrome (ACS) based on the latest practice guidelines from leading organizations such as the ACC/AHA
• Diagnosis and management of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, tachycardias and heart blocks
• Information on the diagnosis and management of heart failure
• Key guidelines on the diagnosis and management of hypertension including JNC 7 guidelines and recommendations
• Additional topics such as inflammatory heart and vascular diseases, cardiomyopathies, diabetic heart disease, diseases of the large vessels (eg, aortic aneurysms and dissections, PAD, carotid and renal artery stenosis)
• The prevention, diagnosis and management of thromboembolic disease including DVT, pulmonary embolism, stroke, HIT, and thromboembolism in Afib and valvular disease
• Guidelines for preoperative cardiac evaluation prior to non-cardiac surgery
• Drug administration information for drug classes commonly used in cardiology including vasoactive agents, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, renin inhibitors, CCBs, diuretics, antiarrhythmics, nitrates, antilipidemics, and more
• The normal values and interpretation of common laboratory values used in cardiology and cardiovascular medicine
• Common abbreviations and other useful resources
- Minor bugs fixes