Best Hippocrates works (with search)
The Best Application with search, which include Hippocratic Corpus - a collection of early medical works from ancient Greece, written in Ionic Greek.
Hippocrates of Cos or Hippokrates of Kos was an ancient Greek physician of the Age of Pericles, and was considered one of the most outstanding figures in the history of medicine. He is referred to as the "father of medicine" in recognition of his lasting contributions to the field as the founder of the Hippocratic School of medicine.
However, the achievements of the writers of the Corpus, the practitioners of Hippocratic medicine, and the actions of Hippocrates himself are often commingled; thus very little is known about what Hippocrates actually thought, wrote, and did. In particular, he is credited with greatly advancing the systematic study of clinical medicine, summing up the medical knowledge of previous schools, and prescribing practices for physicians through the Hippocratic Oath and other works.
Hippocrates is credited with being the first physician to reject superstitions, legends and beliefs that credited supernatural or divine forces with causing illness. Hippocrates was credited by the disciples of Pythagoras of allying philosophy and medicine. He separated the discipline of medicine from religion, believing and arguing that disease was not a punishment inflicted by the gods but rather the product of environmental factors, diet, and living habits. Indeed there is not a single mention of a mystical illness in the entirety of the Hippocratic Corpus.
Ancient Greek schools of medicine were split (into the Knidian and Koan) on how to deal with disease. The Knidian school of medicine focused on diagnosis. Medicine at the time of Hippocrates knew almost nothing of human anatomy and physiology because of the Greek taboo forbidding the dissection of humans. The Knidian school consequently failed to distinguish when one disease caused many possible series of symptoms. The Hippocratic school or Koan school achieved greater success by applying general diagnoses and passive treatments. Its focus was on patient care and prognosis, not diagnosis. It could effectively treat diseases and allowed for a great development in clinical practice.
The Hippocratic Corpus is a collection of medical works from ancient Greece, written in Ionic Greek. The question of whether Hippocrates himself was the author of the corpus has not been conclusively answered. The Hippocratic Corpus contains textbooks, lectures, research, notes and philosophical essays on various subjects in medicine, in no particular order.
The Hippocratic Oath is probably the most famous document of the Hippocratic Corpus. Recently the authenticity of the document has come under scrutiny. While the Oath is rarely used in its original form today, it serves as a foundation for other, similar oaths and laws that define good medical practice and morals. Such derivatives are regularly taken today by medical graduates about to enter medical practice.
To simplify study of Hippocratic's works the application supports full text search within all included texts. This is very useful when you need to find a quote or information on a particular subject but don't know where you should looking for.
THIS APPLICATION CONSISTS OF SUCH HIPPOCRATIC'S WORKS:
-On Airs, Waters, and Places;
-On Ancient Medicine;
-On the Articulations;
-The Book of Prognostics;
-On Injuries of the Head;
-Instruments of Reduction;
-Of the Epidemics;
-On Regimen in Acute Diseases;
-On the Sacred Disease;
-On the Surgery;
- Searchable concordance, search the complete works easily;
- Text resizer with a choice of 12 sizes;
- Automatically remembers last page viewed for each work;
- Option to double-tap page down or scroll;
- Landscape mode hides menu bar for maximum reading area.
- modified item "About"
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 4 hours ago
- Mykola Kuznietsov
- 8.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Aristophanes works (with search)
• Best Aesop's Fables (with search)
• Best Aristotle's complete works (with search)
• Best Brothers Grimm's Fairy Tales (with search)
• Best Charles Perrault's Tales (with search)
• Best Christmas Stories (with search)
• Best Fairy Tales (with search)
• Best Fenimore Cooper Collection (with search)
• Best Full Jane Austen Collection (with search)
• Best Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales (with search)
• Best Homer's Iliad and Odyssey (with search)
• Best Horrors Collection (with search)
• Best Immanuel Kant's works (with search)
• Best Jane Austen Collection (with search)
• Best Jules Verne Collection (with search)
• Best Julius Caesar's works (with search)
• Best Love Stories (with search)
• Best PDF Reader - (fast PDF reader with search)
• Best Plato's complete works (with search)
• Best Science Fiction Collection (with search)
• Best Sherlock Holmes Collection (with search)
• Best Small Jane Austen Collection (with search)
• Confucius works (with search)
• Emma (with search)
• Fables Part1 (with search)
• Fables Part2 (with search)
• Fables Part3 (with search)
• Ferdowsi works (with search)
• Hippocratic Oath
• Jane Austen Collection (with search)
• Laotzu (with search)
• Mao's Little Red Book (with search)
• Mestres from Senzala de capoeira (with search)
• Silna Ukraina
• Small Jane Austen Collection (with search)
• Socrates (with search)
• SunTzu The Art of War (with search)
• The Art Of War (with search)
• The Art of War in Business (with search)
• The Art of War in Finance (with search)
• The Art of War in Fitness (with search)
• The Art of War in Medicine (with search)
• The Best History of Herodotus (with search)
• Xenophone works (with search)