Basic CodeCheck - Free Medical Coding App for E&M Encounters
Join over 20,000 healthcare professionals who use Code Check Basic for their medical coding needs!
Ranked #10 in Medical (iPad) on Jun 10, 2012
Nearly 20% of office visits to primary care physicians are undercoded and underbilled, representing thousands of dollars of lost revenue to most medical practices [Arch Fam Med. 2000;9:68-71].
Code Check presents complex medical documentation rules in a clear, concise format. Information needed to document a patient encounter can be reviewed in just 3 screen taps on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. A quick review of this information will allow physicians and other healthcare providers to code and bill for medical services with confidence.
Code Check helps physicians understand medical documentation rules to ensure proper payment for the medical services actually delivered. Payment is dependent on proper documentation to support an insurance claim, and also reduces insurance audit risk.
Code Check includes the medical decision making rules developed by Trailblazer Health Enterprises LLC and required for Medicare claims for people living in Texas, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Most E / M coding apps do not include the Trailblazer MDM rules!
The Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) system plans to review 10-50 medical encounter notes every 45 days from every physician in the USA. Using this process, the Medicare RACs recovered $92 million in payments for medical services that were not supported by the medical documentation in 2010 [RAC 2010 FY Report to Congress].
Code Check has the documentation rules you need to know to protect yourself and your practice from the RAC.
Code Check is an excellent point of care reference for physicians, medical coding professionals, and physicians in training.
Code Check is also an interesting for anyone who wants to learn more about the complex health care system in the United States.
Key Features of Code Check
* Medicare’s Work Relative Value Units (wRVUs)
* Medicare Reimbursement Rates
* Medicare Coding Level Distributions by medical specialty
* Trailblazer Medical Decision Making (MDM) rules
Code Check is essential for physicians and other medical professionals who want to maximize reimbursement for work performed.
Code Check includes rules related to Evaluation and Management services (often called E & M services or E / M services) such as clinic visits and hospital admission. These familiar medical services have complicated documentation requirements outlined in the “1997 Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services” developed by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Evaluation and Management Medical Services included are
* Initial Hospital Care (H&P)
* Initial Observation
* Same Day Observation
* Inpatient Consult
* Hospital Follow Up
* Critical Care
* Discharge services
* Prolonged inpatient service
* New Clinic Patient Workup
* Clinic Follow Up visit
* Outpatient Consult
* Prolonged outpatient service
* Emergency Department Services
* Observation Follow Up
* Nursing Facility
* Initial Preventive Physical Examination
* Annual Wellness Visits
* Comprehensive Preventive Services
* Tobacco Cessation Intervention
Each Medical Service detail view shows -
* Medical documentation requirements
* Work RVUs
* Localized Medicare reimbursement
* Detailed, up to date medical coding references
Medical Specialties included in Medicare E/M Coding Distributions -
* Critical Care
* Family Practice
* Hematology / Oncology
* Infectious Disease
* Internal Medicine
Medicare Defined Physical Exam Types
* General Multisystem Exam
* Cardiac Exam
* Musculoskeletal Exam
* Neurological Exam
* Respiratory Exam
* ENT Exam
* Eye / Vision Exam
* Hematology / Oncology Exam
* GU Exam
* Psychiatry Exam
- Update for Retina Display
- Bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 02, 2012
- 2.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (28)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (179)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Anagram Scramble Wordsearch Game | Word Gems HD
• Anagram Wordfind Race | Word Gems
• Clinic RVU - Track charges, collections, RVU, and physician pay
• Hospital E/M - Point of care medical coding help for inpatient E&M encounters
• iDRG - Hospital Coding for Medicare
• iRVU: Hospital - Inpatient physician productivity as RVUs, charges, and compensation
• Survival Coins - Defeat inflation with junk silver dimes, quarters, and dollars in any economy