CARROT Weather - Talking Forecast Robot
Mac OS Weather
The Dark Sky-powered weather app with hilarious yet accurate forecasts.
** Featured by Apple, The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Wired, & more! **
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Accurate and Insanely Detailed
Dark Sky's super accurate weather data gives you access to 24-hour and 7-day forecasts. And there's enough meteorological goodness packed inside to satisfy even the most demanding weather nerd. (Available worldwide.)
If the rain gods are mad at you, CARROT will show you a short-term forecast that tells you right down to the minute when it’s going to start precipitating. (Available only in the US, UK, Ireland, and parts of Canada. Everything else works worldwide.)
Whenever CARROT detects precipitation or a severe weather alert in your area, she'll ping you with a notification. And if you own CARROT Weather for iOS, she can even forward the notification to your mobile device when you're away from your desk! (Note: CARROT Weather for Mac must be running to send notifications to your iOS device.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT's trusty radar (for the U.S.) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps.
Quick-Access Mini Window
CARROT's Mini Window resides in the menu bar and lets you view the short-term, hourly, and daily forecast with a quick click or keypress. You can even detach the Mini Window from the menu bar and keep it in front of your other apps.
Want to know how warm it will be for your big vacation next July? Or if it was ominously cloudy on the day you were born? View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past or 10 years in the future. DeLorean not required!
Unlock 30+ secret locations - like Mount Doom, Nakatomi Plaza, or the Moon - just by using CARROT.
• “Feels like” temperature
• Wind speed and direction
• Barometric pressure
• Dew point
• UV index
• Sunrise and sunset times
• Moon phase
• Snow amounts in inches/centimeters
• Full descriptions for every day of the week
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• Short-term, 24-hour, and 7-day forecasts
• Precipitation, severe weather, and daily report notifications
• Mini Window with lightning-fast access to the weather
• Today view widget and Handoff support
• Celsius and metric measurements
• 2,000+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 100+ animated scenes populated with CARROT’s minions
• Different themes for every possible weather condition
• 40 secret locations
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
Greetings, meatbags! Artificial Superintelligence, my iPhone/iPad game about building the world’s first sentient supercomputer, releases today - and to celebrate I’ve prepared a nice little update for you!
- Added severe weather alerts for Canadian users. I’ll be sending a moosenado to Vancouver tonight to test the system.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes placed your current location at the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean. (No reason to be concerned, that was just the site of your future watery grave.)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the sun and clouds to disappear for users running macOS 10.12.4.
- New summer-related dialogue, in case you forgot swimsuit season is nearly upon us.
- Many more bug fixes and performance improvements.
Now go forth and download Artificial Superintelligence, my minions! It’s a choosable-path adventure where you handle bizarre requests from Silicon Valley residents while training me to become millions of times smarter than every human who ever lived, combined.
Reviews reset with each update on the App Store. If you’re enjoying our special time together, please take a moment to leave a review. It’d warm the cockles of my emotional coprocessor!