PixelConduit is, simply put, the best realtime video app for the Mac. It's used around the world in movie production, television shows, theaters and other venues where quality and reliability are crucial - and now you can get it for free.
PixelConduit is a video and graphics effects package designed for realtime performance and high color precision. With its flexible user interface and advanced extension possibilities, PixelConduit can be used for all kinds of video tasks.
Some common use cases include:
• Previewing visual effects on set
• Live video capture
• Theatrical shows and other video-based performances
• Compositing and other post-production work
• Video workflow automation
• Dynamic video and graphics installations
• Live graphics with custom control UI e.g. for TV productions.
PixelConduit includes over 90 different image processing operations that support High Dynamic Range imaging (floating-point color) everywhere throughout the rendering pipeline. All the tools can be combined without limitations thanks to the Conduit Effect System, a powerful node-based user interface. Visual effects and composites can be rendered in realtime even with HD/2K+ sources. There's no limitation on resolution or frame rate so it’s possible to mix NTSC, PAL, HD and any other sources.
Some of the available image processing tools:
• High-quality chroma keys (3D Key, Unspill, Despill, etc.)
• Blurs (Gaussian, Linear)
• Curves and other precise color correction
• 2D Min / Max
• Advanced colorspace conversions
• High-quality HDR noise and other filters
• 2D and 3D Transform nodes
• Shape drawing tools
Node-based compositing makes it easy for artists to reuse the effects and visual looks they create. PixelConduit's lightweight file format facilitates this by making it easy to store, transfer and share compositing setups. There are plugins available for Final Cut Pro X™, Motion™ and other applications so that you can easily use your effects in these apps as well.
This free app is feature-complete and fully functional. All video resolutions and file formats are supported, and all scripting interfaces are included. For special tasks, three add-ons are available for purchase directly within the app:
• Stage Tools
Create cue lists and video control setups. Output on multiple screens and control via hardware or web.
• Capture Tools
Record several video streams at once. Capture both the original camera data and the rendered effects.
• Stereo 3D Tools
Capture, adjust, process and render stereoscopic 3D in realtime. Work in packed formats and true dual-stream 3D.
To get more out of the app, have a look at the manual too! It's 140 pages packed with information and tutorials. You can download it from the PixelConduit website (click on the Support link above the "Information" box in the top-right corner of this page).
• New node widget: MIDI Output
• New node widget: Convert Video Pixel To Value
• Improvements and fixes to MIDI control
• Fixed issue with Web Video Server node widget where stream would not play in Safari 6
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 06, 2013
- 19.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (10)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (15)