iSubtitle - Soft subtitled movies for your Apple gear
Create soft subtitled movies for iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iTunes or any QuickTime based player or application.
The first and only application to take full advantage of Apple's soft subtitle technology. The subtitle tracks are resolution independent and rendered in real-time as you watch the movie. Subtitles are always displayed at the best quality your device can perform. There are support for multiple languages in the same movie file and you can even switch language on the fly as you watch. If you already have a movie in a format that suits your needs there's no reason to re-encode it, just add the subtitles and use File->Save and you're good to go. If, on the other hand, your movie is not suited for your device you can batch re-encode it straight from within the application. You can also tag your file with metadata so it's easier to find in your growing library of tv-shows and movies. Enjoy!
- Add soft, non-destructive subtitles, that won't change or alter the original movie.
- Subtitles can be turned on/off using the interface of the device or application.
- Complete support for multiple languages in the same file.
- Supported devices are iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
- Supported applications are iTunes, QuickTime Player or any application that can play a QuickTime Movie.
- Built-in subtitle online search with automatic download, unarchive and parsing.
- Supports all major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) and MicroDVD.
- Matroska subtitles, like ssa/ass and srt, are automatically converted to soft subtitle tracks on import.
- Sync subtitles in real-time using the time offset stepper.
- Automatic and manual metadata tagging.
- Create chapter markers automatically or manually.
- Batch re-encode movies within the application to support your target device or application.
- Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
- Works perfect with 10.8 Mountain Lion.
★ Please install Perian from www.perian.org to support more input formats like MKV and AVI.
★ Sound problems with Perian and AC3 audio in Mountain Lion? There's an easy fix at http://www.bitfield.se/support/index.html#1
★ If you want FFMPEG export and support for both soft and hard-coded subtitles you should have a look at RoadMovie at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roadmovie/id408218908?mt=12
★ If you are having issues using iSubtitle, we want to help. Please contact us!
- New export presets for generic 480p, 720p and 1080p m4v files.
- iTunes metadata support for 720p and 1080p HD tags.
- iTunes metadata for episode id now properly formatted for correct sort order.
- iTunes metadata for media kind now properly set for iTunes 11.
- iTunes timed text export adjusted to never overlap subtitles.
- Adding very large files to iTunes should work better now.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 11, 2012
- Bitfield AB
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (40)
- 16.3 MB