This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Utilities
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home, small office, or enterprise networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full screen mode
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
• Fixes bug that was causing the app to filter out networks with an RSSI of -85 dBm or lower.
• New app icon (Thanks to Steven K.)
New in version 2.0:
• Fixes incorrect max. data rates under certain circumstances.
• Fixes incorrect state of Stop button when not scanning.
• Addresses issue caused by certain access points that advertise a secondary channel even though they are set to operate at 20 MHz channel width only.
• Addresses an issue where intermittent 0 dBm RSSI values might be reported by OS X for certain networks.
• Better looks in OS X Yosemite.
• Networks can be quickly filtered by ESSID, PHY mode, radio, vendor or signal strength levels.
• Networks can be grouped by physical radio in Signal Strength and Channels graph.
• Beacon interval and basic rates can now be added as columns.
• DFS channels can be hidden in Channels graph if not being used by any networks.
• Made sure CSV file generated from export option includes all fields.
• Vendors database can now be updated from within the app.
• Other minor bug fixes plus stability and performance improvements.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.