Scan, find, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates and much more.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
• Signal strength, noise and SNR time graphs
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Full screen mode (10.7 or above)
• Runs in Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks
Requires a Mac with built-in WiFi. External (e.g. USB) WiFi adapters are not supported.
LET'S MAKE IT BETTER
If you have something good to say about WiFi Explorer, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store. If you find a problem or have a concern, please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
• Fixed crash that occurs when re-ordering certain columns
• Updated vendors database
For tips and support, follow @wifiexplorer (http://twitter.com/wifiexplorer) on Twitter
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 17, 2013
- Adrian Granados
- 2.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (52)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (229)