Washing Machine cleans up files created by web browsers and other programs that access the Internet.
Washing Machine can clean five types of items: Bookmarks, Caches, Cookies, Download Histories, and Browsing Histories. It works with most web browsers, and many utilities or other programs that store information without your awareness. It even cleans up after some programs that you would never think are storing data.
When you surf the web, or use other programs that access the Internet, these programs record where you go and what pages you browse. Your web browser and other programs also store information about you and your browsing in "cookie" files. And many programs store temporary files in "cache" folders that can take up space and slow down your browsing.
Many of these files contain personal information that can be seen by others who use your Mac, or by hackers who gain access to your computer. Washing Machine helps manage this information, preventing others from seeing what you've been doing, and keeping your hard disk spick-and-span. Washing Machine helps you protect your privacy by making it easy to delete such information, wiping the tracks that your web browsers and other programs record when you use the Internet.
- Cleans temporary Internet files
- Cleans caches, download histories, browsing histories, cookies and bookmarks
- Edits cookies
- Securely deletes files
- Cleans files manually and automatically
- Schedules let you run regular cleanings
- Cleanlists and Smart cleanlists let you organize which items you want to clean
- Works with dozens of Internet programs, as well as a number of utilities that store caches, cookies and other files
This update includes fixes for the following areas:
• Support for Firefox 4
• Support for Safari cookies
This update is recommended for all users of Washing Machine.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 15, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (11)
- 2.5 MB