Mac OS Utilities
TGZMaker drastically simplifies the process of creating TGZ archives with custom file order. It even makes it fun!
You just drag in your folder to be archived, change the file orders by drag-and-drop, and drag out the generated archive. That's it, there's no step 4!
TGZ, or .tar.gz, is a file archival format. Basically it's a gzip-compressed tar file.
What's unique about it, is that we can decompress the files on the fly before we finish downloading the archive. This is very useful for newspaper archives. With the files in the correct order, we can begin showing content shortly after beginning download, and we can continue downloading the file while the user is reading the content.
• Create TGZ archives from a folder with custom file order
• Files in subfolders are recursively included in the output
• Full drag and drop interaction, including drag and drop to change file order
• Delete unnecessary files for the archive
• Select multiple files at once to change order or delete
• Auto Make: archive is automatically generated after every change in file order (can also be turned off)
• Regenerate archive with one click, if only content of the files changed
• Elegant and easy to use user interface
• Sandboxed for your peace of mind
If you have any PROBLEMS with TGZMaker, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
- Updated design for OS X Yosemite
- Supports dragging a folder onto the Dock icon to compress the folder's content