Recent Redux is a tool keeping track of files and folders which have been recently used on your computer. It is updated live and allows for direct access to these files and folders. If you want, you can also define filters to show you just those files you need.
Recent Redux has a small memory and CPU footprint, is an indispensable little helper tool and it finds recent files and folders even if it wasn't running when they were accessed. Do you want to avoid clicking around in Finder for that file you had just opened but which is buried somewhere in your folder structure? Get Recent Redux, and find it in an instant!
• The main window shows the live updated list of recently accessed files with file name, type, date and time.
• Consult the tooltip for additional information about file path and file size.
• Use the filter bar to quickly narrow down the list of recent files. Modify and sort the filter bar as you like it.
• Share recent files by using your default email client.
• Choose for how many hours (or days) Recent Redux should monitor recently accessed files.
• Decide whether to only show files accessed by the user or all accessed files and whether to cover only user folders or all folders.
• Too many recent files? Use the pre-defined filters for documents, PDF files, media files, images, folders and applications.
• Still too many recent files? No problem, just create your own custom filter and let Recent Redux only show what you‘re interested in.
• If you like to, make Recent Redux to always stay in front of all other windows on your screen.
• Use the built-in system-wide hotkey to activate Recent Redux, no matter which other applications may be active.
• Even easier to find: Open the Dock Menu for lightning-fast access to the ten most recent files.
• Right in the context menu: preview, open, copy and share files, copy their file paths and show them in Finder.
• Recent Redux supports drag and drop for easily putting your recent files where you want them to be.
Recent Redux cannot at the moment monitor files which are low-level accessed by applications, files which are stored inside databases and it also cannot monitor applications running from the Menu Bar. There may be rare issues with custom filters for certain file types. Moreover, Recent Redux doesn’t monitor files stored in network or cloud locations. Please visit the Recent Redux website for more information.
If you need help, experience trouble or have feature requests please contact the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the support pages at http://www.timschroeder.net/support.
Bug fixes: Files with future dates won't be shown anymore; Recent Redux app won't be shown anymore.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 11, 2012
- Tim Schroder
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 0.5 MB