PopClip appears when you select text with your mouse on your Mac. Instantly access context-specific actions including copy and paste, plus extensions like Send to Evernote. If you select text containing a URL, email address or file path, PopClip can open it. Select a misspelled word, and PopClip offers corrections. Select any text to do a web search with those terms, or select a single word to get the dictionary definition.
More than 100 free extensions are available, including Paste and Match Style, Translate, Send to Evernote, Word Count, Capitalize and much, much more. See http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions.
Please note: PopClip works in most Mac apps, but not in all. For an up-to-date list of known incompatible apps, see http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/apps.
"PopClip has achieved near perfect integration with Mac OS X and seems like a default feature of the operating system. For that alone, it is worth its asking price." — The Next Web
"an awesome new utility from Pilotmoon that makes the copy & paste function on your Mac look just like the copy & paste function on your iPhone" — Cult of Mac
"If you love the tap and copy functionality of iOS and want it on your home computer, PopClip is a simple app that adds similar functionality" — lifehacker
"an essential part of my workflow ... 10/10" — Mac.AppStorm
"I think even Mac traditionalists might be tempted." — Dan Frakes, MacWorld
"I'm buying it right now." — Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly
v1.5.1: Fixed a bug where PopClip would crash at startup for some users.
v1.5: FRESH NEW LOOK. PopClip has a cleaner, flatter appearance. The iOS 6-style gloss has been retired, and I hope you will agree it now looks more worthy of your Mac in 2014.
READY FOR THE FUTURE OF OS X. PopClip is ready for the next version of OS X. Thanks to the beta testers who have been sending feedback.
FIXES. Fine tunings, fixes and tweaks:
- PopClip works faster and more reliably when selecting large amounts of text. Now it should easily cope with 10,000 characters or more, where it often used to fail.
- Fixed (finally!) the bug where pressing ⌘C at the same time as selecting text with PopClip could cause the wrong thing to get copied.
- Fixed not appearing when selecting italic text in Word.
- Fixed dictionary action not appearing when selecting the first word of a bulleted paragraph in Word.
- Fixed PopClip prefs menu not closing when clicking outside the window.
- The Paste and Match Style and formatting extensions will now work in browsers (for Docs, Gmail etc.)
To get in touch, email email@example.com or tweet @pilotmoon. I'd love to hear from you.
Don't forget to check out the latest PopClip Extensions at http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions. Did you know there is an RSS feed of new extensions? You can also follow @PopClipExts on Twitter to stay up to date.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 13, 2014
- Pilotmoon Software
- 1.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (21)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (889)