PopClip appears when you select text with your mouse on your Mac. Instantly access context-specific actions including copy and paste, plus extensions like Send to Evernote. If you select text containing a URL, email address or file path, PopClip can open it. Select a misspelled word, and PopClip offers corrections. Select any text to do a web search with those terms, or select a single word to get the dictionary definition.
More than 100 free extensions are available, including Paste and Match Style, Translate, Send to Evernote, Word Count, Capitalize and much, much more. See http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/extensions.
Please note: PopClip works in most Mac apps, but not in all. For an up-to-date list of known incompatible apps, see http://pilotmoon.com/popclip/apps.
"PopClip has achieved near perfect integration with Mac OS X and seems like a default feature of the operating system. For that alone, it is worth its asking price." — The Next Web
"an awesome new utility from Pilotmoon that makes the copy & paste function on your Mac look just like the copy & paste function on your iPhone" — Cult of Mac
"If you love the tap and copy functionality of iOS and want it on your home computer, PopClip is a simple app that adds similar functionality" — lifehacker
"an essential part of my workflow ... 10/10" — Mac.AppStorm
"I think even Mac traditionalists might be tempted." — Dan Frakes, MacWorld
"I'm buying it right now." — Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly
· Smaller file size and reduced memory usage.
· Fixed bug where tooltips would sometimes stay on screen after PopClip had disappeared.
· Fixed bug where the preferences window would sometimes become blank, with no content.
· Fixed bug where PopClip caused the Warp Stabilizer plugin in Adobe After Effects to fail.
· Fixed bug where PopClip caused drop-down menus in Firefox to behave weirdly.
· Improved the accuracy of the Word Count extension, particularly for Chinese and Japanese texts.
· Other tweaks, fixes and performance improvements.
Additionally, PopClip will no longer appear when you select text in most Adobe apps (including Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign) and JetBrains apps (such as AppCode and PHPStorm). This is because PopClip worked poorly in those apps, with various glitches. I tried and failed to find workarounds, and concluded it is better PopClip does not appear at all, than work unreliably. (If you are affected by this change and wish to revert to the previous behavior, see http://plt.mn/2va3.)
Thanks to everyone who sent feedback and helped improve PopClip.
What do you think of this update? To get in touch, email email@example.com or tweet @pilotmoon. I'd love to hear from you.
Please tell you friends about PopClip and consider rating it on the app store! Thanks for being a customer. —Nick
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 16, 2014
- Pilotmoon Software
- 1.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (71)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (846)