Exporter for Contacts: Converter for Excel, CSV, and many other formats
Mac OS Utilities
Exporter for Contacts (was "Export Address Book") is a time-tested Mac app to export contact data from Apple's Contacts app into various formats, capable of organizing export setups in saveable templates to make repeated exports a lot easier. The app lets you export selected contacts, groups and whole address books to a CSV or a native Excel file (great for importing stuff into FileMaker!) and many, many other formats such as tab-delimited text, HTML, XML+XSLT and customizable vCards. It lets you decide which contact fields will be exported and in which order they will be. The app comes with predefined export templates for common applications such as Outlook for Windows or Gmail.
Exporter for Contacts is continually kept up-to-date and works on all operating systems from OS X 10.6 upwards, including OS X 10.11 El Capitan and the upcoming macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Exporter for Contacts can create a native Excel Workbook file (.xlsx). No more exporting and importing CSV files into Excel only for the file to look all funky and screwed up. Leading zeros, special characters and dates are exported correctly.
- Lets you make your own export templates to use again in the future
- It recognizes fields with custom labels.
- It lets you export phone numbers in a uniform format (can be disabled in the settings if required).
- It can create custom vCards and it lets you decide which info will be put into those vCards.
- It supports the "Distribution List" feature of Apple's Contacts app.
Please note that -- in contrast to the languages listed here on the App Store page -- the user interface of the app is localized to English and German only.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact the author. Please do not use the review system of the App Store to ask questions. There is no way for developers to respond to reviews.
This update fixes a performance issue to speed up adding contacts to the export list.