Exporter for Contacts
Mac OS Utilities
••• Free evaluation version available on the dev’s website. •••
Exporter for Contacts (was "Export Address Book") is a popular Mac app to export contact data from Apple's Contacts app into EXCEL, CSV and other formats, capable of organizing export setups in customizable templates to make repeated exports a lot easier. The app lets you export selected contacts, groups and whole address books. It lets you decide which contact fields will be exported and in what order. The app ships with predefined export templates for common applications such as Outlook for Windows or Gmail.
The long list of supported export formats includes:
• Excel Workbook
• CSV and tab-delimited text
• Outlook for Windows (2003 and 2010 formats)
• Outlook 2011 for Mac
• Google Gmail Contacts CSV
• Fritz!Box/Fritz!OS Adressbuch
• Customizable vCards
• XML with optional XSL 1.0 Transformation
Exporter for Contacts is continually kept up-to-date and works on all operating systems from OS X 10.6 upwards, including macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Exporter for Contacts can create a native Excel Workbook file (.xlsx). No more exporting and importing CSV files into Excel only for the file to look all funky and screwed up. Leading zeros, special characters and dates are exported correctly.
- Lets you make your own export templates to use again in the future
- It recognizes fields with custom labels.
- It lets you export phone numbers in a uniform format (can be disabled in the settings if required).
- It can create custom vCards and it lets you decide which info will be put into those vCards.
- It supports the "Distribution List" feature of Apple's Contacts app.
Please note that -- in contrast to the languages listed here on the App Store page -- the user interface of the app is localized to English and German only.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact the author. Please do not use the review system of the App Store to ask questions. There is no way for developers to respond to reviews.
Fixed an issue that could lead to a crash on opening templates.