Exporter for Contacts
Mac OS Utilities
Exporter for Contacts (was "Export Address Book") is a popular and powerful Mac app to export contact data from Contacts/Address Book to EXCEL, CSV and other formats, capable of organizing export setups in customizable templates to make repeated exports a lot easier. The app lets you export selected contacts, groups and whole address books. It lets you decide which contact fields will be exported and in what order. The app ships with predefined export templates for common applications such as Outlook for Windows or Gmail.
Exporter for Contacts works on all Mac operating system versions from OS X 10.7 upwards.
- Exporter for Contacts can create a native Excel Workbook file (.xlsx). No more exporting and importing CSV files into Excel only for the file to look all funky and screwed up. Leading zeros, special characters and dates are exported correctly.
- Lets you make your own export templates to use again in the future
- It recognizes fields with custom labels.
- It lets you export phone numbers in a uniform format (can be disabled in the settings if required).
- It can create custom vCards and it lets you decide which info will be put into those vCards.
- It supports the "Distribution List" feature of Apple's Contacts app.
SAFE AND PRIVACY-RESPECTING
Any contact export is done entirely locally on your Mac. Exporter for Contacts does not analyse or even store your contacts on a remote server. When running on macOS Mojave, the app adopts several features provided by the OS for further improved protection of your sensitive data.
Please note that -- in contrast to the languages listed here on the App Store page -- the user interface of the app is localized to English and German only.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact the author. Please do not use the review system of the App Store to ask questions.
- The app now adopts several security features provided by macOS Mojave for improved protection of your sensitive data.
- Fixed a potential crash when running the app on macOS 10.11 and earlier versions of the OS