Apple Remote Desktop
Mac OS Utilities
Apple Remote Desktop is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end-users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks — all from your own Mac.
-Easily copy and install software on remote Mac systems.
-Encrypt network data when copying packages and files.
-Configure a Task Server to assist with package installations on offline computers.
-Observe and control your Mac computers.
-Transfer files between Mac computers using Drag and Drop.
-Copy and paste information between any two computers.
-Prevent end-users from viewing the screen while you control their systems with Curtain Mode.
-Control Virtual Network Computing (VNC)–enabled computers including Windows, Linux and UNIX systems.
-Perform over a dozen commands securely on remote Mac systems.
-Remotely lock screens, sleep, wake, restart and shutdown of Mac systems.
-Execute UNIX shell scripts or commands on your client systems.
Asset Management and Reporting
-Perform lightning-fast searches with Remote Spotlight search.
-Gather reports on more than 200 Mac hardware attributes.
-See reports on user logins and application use.
-Use a Task Server to assemble inventory reports, even from mobile systems not connected to the network.
-Automate routine management tasks using Automator in OS X.
-Get started immediately with over 40 actions.
-Chain actions together to create powerful system administration workflows.
-Combine actions with other application actions to create end-to-end solutions.
-Save workflows as plug-ins to provide simple, customised interfaces to Apple Remote Desktop features.
The Apple Remote Desktop 3.9 update improves usability, compatibility, and reliability and is recommended for all users.
• Allows users to export and restore an encrypted list of computers and user credentials
• Allows administrators to call attention to items on a remote screen using an assistant cursor
• Adds Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro (2016) computers
• Improves security when communicating with clients running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 or later
• Adds an optional compatibility mode for communicating with clients running any version of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, OS X Mavericks 10.9 or OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 and earlier