This app was removed from the App Store.
MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
Mac OS Social Networking
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
Thank you for staying up to date with the latest bug fixes in MarsEdit. As always, if you enjoy MarsEdit please consider telling a friend and leaving a review here in the store.
This release adds support for Apple's new Photos app, so you'll be able to browse photos again that were previously in iPhoto or Aperture but were migrated to the new app.
Additionally it includes the following bug fixes:
- Fix "Apply Preview Filter Before Publishing" for Tumblr and Movable Type blogs
- Fix a rare crash that could occur when a document window's content changes while closing
- Fix a problem with dragging images from Flickr or Catalog panes of Media Manager to HTML Text edit area
- Fix an issue pasting HTML e.g. from a copied link in Safari
- Fix a bug that prevented find/replace from working when replacement string contained a single quote (')
Thanks again for using MarsEdit!