MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
★ The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac! ★
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
✔ Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace 5, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
✔ Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
✔ Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
✔ Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
✔ Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
✔ Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
✔ Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 "Lion".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
• Fix a bug from 3.5.8 that disabled draft support for Squarespace 5
• Fix a bug where uploaded images were not resized correctly on Retina Macs
• Fix a bug where the preview window could sometimes show the wrong blog's theme
• Fix a bug that caused malfunctioning Screen Capture and Image import services in rich editor
• Fix a bug that caused unpredictable behavior with Paste contextual menu item
• Fix a bug that prevented URLs with apostrophes from being linked in rich text mode
• Fix a bug that could lock up the app if close box clicked on authentication panel
• Fix a bug that prevented favicons from being downloaded from some blogs
• Fix a bug where switching quickly to HTML Text mode after opening a post could clear the content
• Fix a bug where images would sometimes fail to load in main window preview
• Fix a bug where unchecking all categories for a post would not update categories correctly
• Fix a bug where ExpressionEngine authentication failures did not prompt the login panel to appear
• Fix a bug where the last change to an image's name or size did not "stick"
• Fix a bug where some errors would display as simply "(null)" instead of with meaningful text
• Fix a crashing bug that could occur while editing the preview template
• Fix a bug that caused drawing defects in some preferences text fields
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 15, 2013
- Social Networking
- Red Sweater Software
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (44)
- 7.5 MB