This app was removed from the App Store.
MarsEdit - for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, etc.
Mac OS Social Networking
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
This update includes an important fix for Blogger users. Previously MarsEdit didn't have access to Blogger's special "blog-specific" photo album, so it would upload photos to Blogger blogs by creating and publishing to a Google Photos album called "MarsEdit Images".
Now it's possible to upload directly to the Blogger album for the blog, so that's what this version of MarsEdit does!
This update also fixes a bug that prevented category names from loading on some AtomPub-based systems such as LiveDoor.jp.
Please consider leaving a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot!
Any questions or concerns about the app? Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.