LiSA, the Liquid Information Speaking Assistant for Apple Mail speaks with a real human voice when emails arrive, telling you who they are from. For example:
"You have a message from a friend” "You have a reply from your brother”.
To Use LiSA:
Assign relationships with your contacts such as 'brother', 'boss', 'lover' and so on. When email arrives LiSA will then say: "You have a message from your brother". LiSA understands replies so can also say: "You have a reply from your boss".
LiSA can announce all incoming messages or only those where you have assigned relationships - it's your choice. LiSA can announce the time, on the hour as well.
LiSA includes a set of 50 voicetones for your iPhone, which will be automatically installed into iTunes on installing LiSA. To use, go into your contacts and choose the relevant LiSA voicetones as the ringtones for the person. You can download the free LiSA voice ringtones from http://www.speakingassistant.com/iphone.zip - Just drag them into iTunes and synch with your iPhone.
We hope you LOVE LiSA and if you have any problems or suggestions, please get in touch, we reply to all email: email@example.com
LiSA REQUIRES that you use Apple Address Book (where she gets your contacts) and Apple Mail.
This is how LiSA works:
LiSA constantly checks for new messages via Mail and announces incoming messages as-and-when they arrive, but not when Mail is in use by the user (when the user would see the incoming message anyway).
In detail, this is how LiSA works:
1. LiSA receives unread mail by Apple Script from Mail.app. New mail must be received by mail.app and has unread status to LiSA can handle it. Also, this unread mail should be received no later than 2 minutes after LiSA started to handle it.
2. LiSA makes announcements only when Mail.app is not active
3. LiSA can only interact with active and enabled mail.app accounts
4. LiSA can only operate when mail.app is running and able to receive mails.
If there is an audible chime or beep:
The audible chime you hear is likely the sound made by Mail.app when it received no unread mails. This sound should disappear if you disable "Play sounds for other mail actions" checkbox in General tab of Preferences of Mail.app.
Please also understand that if you have a large amount of email on the server, it could take LiSA quite a while to catch up.
Mavericks optimisation and bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 24, 2014
- Social Networking
- The Liquid Information Company Limited
- 10.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (10)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• InterAtlas Pro
• Liquid Pro
• Name The Face