This app was removed from the App Store.
my Coin$ Free
Mac OS Reference
This Free Version contains six denominations. Please purchase the full version to have access to all denominations.
myCoin$ is a powerful application that evaluates the current value of nearly every coin issued for circulation by the US Mint, in denominations ranging from the copper half-cent minted in 1793 to the $20 gold piece last issued in 1932, as well as current coinage. Gold and Silver bullion coins are evaluated as well. Nineteen different denominations are described and illustrated, including the State quarters and Presidential dollars. The program allows you to inventory your personal collection.
Whether you are a serious collector wanting a portable method of managing your collection, or someone who is merely curious about the value of an old or new coin, this program offers a wide-range of unique features. Every coin record in our extensive built-in database displays its current market value after you select the appropriate grade of your coin. A built-in image library, licensed by the American Numismatic Association, provides a powerful tool for determining the condition of your coin. You can save your coin records, maintain an ongoing inventory of items you own, as well as coins you wish to add to your collection.
myCoin$ does NOT require an Internet connection — all of the data is in the program.
From the opening screen, choose the denomination and then the issuance date of the coin. After selecting the name of the issuing mint (the program guides you where to look on your coin for this information), our program presents images of both sides of that coin. A drop down menu lets you view the coin in a number of different grades to see which one most closely matches the condition of your coin. You will also see a text-based grading guide to help determine your coin's proper grade. Mintage figures, which are invaluable in determining the rarity of a coin, are also prominently displayed.
Note: Values in myCoin$ are derived from a number of industry sources (dealers, auctions, catalogs, etc.) and represent the current retail market value. The prices do not necessarily reflect what you might be offered when selling your collection to a dealer or individual. Use our program to assist in estate planning, insuring your collection and to determine if you have a valuable coin that needs appraisal by a reputable dealer. Our program provides a link to a website providing the names of authorized coin appraisers and dealers.
Features found in myCoin$:
– Creates a list of the coins you own selected from our database of over 4000 U.S. coins, using intuitive, interactive entry screens.
– Determines the value of your coins based on a grading tool showing coins in up to 10 collectible grades, as graphically illustrated with our industry-approved coin grading image library. You can also edit the values if you choose.
– Creates a Want List of coins you wish to add to your collection — a handy tool for planning purchases.
– Re-evaluates your prices annually with our updates for the entire database as well as providing a new Grand Total of the value of your personal collection — useful for estate planning and insuring your collection.
– Identifies the condition of your coins so that obtaining the current value of any coin is easily accomplished by matching the description to the one you own.
– Displays a detailed listing of your coins and the value of your collection and maintains this list for record-keeping purposes. Either the list of owned or wanted coins can be emailed with a single click from within the application.
– Offers a link to thousands of coin dealers throughout the United States.
Collecting is fun, profitable and now made even easier and more accessible with myCoin$ and your Mac!