Mac OS Productivity
Meet the missing rich text editor for macOS.
With Wordcraft, you can open and edit rich text files (both .rtf and .rtfd) with embedded images and plain text files. Wordcraft was lovingly created by writers, for writers. We think there's something magical about .rtf files—they're simple, widely supported, and have the ability to hold images inside of them.
Wordcraft's formatting controls have been carefully handcrafted to provide maximum satisfaction, and the interface adapts to whatever space it finds itself in. Now you can easily edit multiple documents side-by-side without sacrificing functionality.
- First-Class In-line Image Support: Because Wordcraft features a custom rich text file processor, it can open and save .rtf and .rtfd documents with embedded graphics, even from rich text files created by Microsoft Word, Wordpad, Nisus Writer, or Scrivener (including embedded JPEG/JPG, PNG, and raster WMF images). Just drag or paste an image into your document and click-and-drag to resize it! If you want to extract an image from a rich text file, simply right click on it and select "Export Image as PNG."
- Word Count: Always know how many words you've typed—it's always there at the bottom and updates as you type. Need we say more?
- Intelligent Zoom: Drag the slider or simply pinch with your fingers to zoom in or out. Wordcraft keeps the text properly wrapped to the size of the window so you won't ever have to scroll sideways.
- Adaptable Layout: See all of your formatting controls, no matter what size your window is. Wordcraft will make sure that none of your formatting controls get lost when the window shrinks. It's easy to write multiple documents, side-by-side (or with tabs).
- Custom Formatting Engine: Enjoy easier-to-use and more powerful formatting features, thanks to Wordcraft's own custom formatting engine that was created from the ground-up.
# File Types
- .rtf - Support for most common RTF formatting, including embedded JPEG, PNG, and raster WMF images.
- .rtfd - Support for most common RTF formatting and embedded images
- .txt - Read/write text documents and other plain text files You can even use it to edit markdown (as plain text)
- .doc, .docx - Limited support for importing old and new Microsoft Word documents (Note: Wordcraft can't import images or other fancy features from these kinds of documents)
We want to make sure you enjoy using Wordcraft. If you would like to leave feedback, please consider doing so through our website or via the Wordcraft menu (Help->Email Customer Support).
- Changed default highlight color back to yellow. No more blue highlighters by default!