Mac OS Productivity
The Well Control provides to drillers, tool pushers, engineers, chemists, students and other professionals in Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling of oil wells the understanding the methods of well control.
This application uses the calculations of the methods to control oil wells after the occurrence of kick during drilling operations on floating platforms and landing rigs.
This version is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells and unit systems, save data and more.
For new features, report bugs, improvements and suggestions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well Control Methods:
1. Driller's Method
2. Wait and Weight Method
3. Static Volumetric: Migration;
4. Static Volumetric: Lubricate and Bleed (Top Kill)
5. Dynamic Volumetric
1) Calculations of Riser Safety Margin;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files;
4) Pop-up view to alert user about invalid values (option);
5) Ability to move drillstring and position of kick off the bottom;
6) Views with calculations of hydrostatics, capacities, volumes and more.
7) Defining the parameters of the well, drillstring, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
8) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
9) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
10) Calculation of the ECD on bottom hole and the casing shoe;
11) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
12) Selecting the system of units;
15) Drill string sections: Drillpipe1, Drillpipe2, Heavy Weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
16) Included Qty / Size of Jet Nozzles;
17) Option for Bit TFA fixed;
18) View for Internal pipe and Annulus friction losses and hydrostatic calculations.
19) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
20) Summary of methods;
21) Sections in the well: Riser, Casing, Liner and Open Hole.
22) Optimized for horizontal and directional wells
This app was developed based in existing spreadsheets. There is no comparison with any other software.
You can contribute with suggestions for improvements, correcting the translation to english, reporting bugs and spreading it to your friends.
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
- added new features for horizontal and directional wells
- added several improvements